Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-Ritz Camera warrantys

Options
HungryMan
HungryMan Posts: 3,470
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just a warning. I bought an extended warranty on a camera from Ritz Camera at the mall. My first mistake is I can't find my receipt (my fault). Unlike Circuit City, Best Buy or anywhere else that has a record of your transaction and most of the time gives good customer service. Now the Ritz employee tells me to call the warranty company. I call and they have no record of me. Screwed some more here. Somewhere between Ritz and the warranty company, they screwed up, but thats my problem, not theirs. Now I will find my credit card proof that I bought it, but they told me thats not good enough, they need a copy from the warranty company who has no record of the warranty I purchased. Ritz said they don't retain records so credit card info wont get stolen. I rather take the gamble. Point of my story Ritz will never see a penny again from me and be careful if you ever want to pay average to higher prices and be left in a position like me. Sorry for my rant, but if they lose one future sale besides mine, I'll be happy again.

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Sorrry for your loss but reminds me of internet egg dealers. Not to fault you but with the dealer you pay more but have a paper trail. I hope it works out for you as your not trying to scam & maybe the factory will step up. Hope this is not the end & it does work out for you.

Pat
  • HungryMan
    Options
    Sounds like they wont step up to anything. I'll amuse myself and show up will my debt card statement anyway. My daughters both had cameras for repair at circuit city and best buy, no problems there.
  • smokinsop
    smokinsop Posts: 180
    Options
    :( Had a similar problem with a circulation pump for my hot tub with an internet co. Swimming Pools etc. Bought a pump in nov, went bad in march. Told to return to co with a ro # on package. Sent UPS and made one mistake. Did not ask for proof of delivery. Put return address on package, pump and note inside along with ro#. They cannot find pump. Finally gave up and bought new pump from another source. Learned an expensive lesson. BUY LOCAL.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Had a problem with a kodak that I dropped :( and told them when I sent it in). they sent it back and said it was a non-warranty issue but valued my support and fixed it at no charge. Did not even charge me for shipping, & that was after the retailer said if was not covered because it was human & not mechanical failure. The factory stepped up & covered something they did not have to and the retailer will never get another dime of my business but the manufacture will. Try going direct. Hope it works for you as they are not a $5 Item.

Pat
  • HungryMan
    Options
    I bought local on this one. got it from Ritz Camera at the mall
  • milesofsmiles
    milesofsmiles Posts: 1,377
    Options
    I call B. S. on them. Call your credit card co. report them Even if they have been paid by you c. c. co. they will be called, and they can lose their credit card privelidges with your card co. They DO HAVE your records of that transaction. I don't give a poop what they say. I can go back years on my cust's. Fight EM. On your day off go in when they open and stay till they close. Be vocal when every cust. comes into the store. Be VERY VERY nice and kind, but be VOCAL. You'll get what you paid for. Miles out.
  • HungryMan
    Options
    It was paid with my debt card from my bank. Don't think that counts the same. I will go back there and try again with the guy I have dealt with in the past. Either way they will never see a penny from me.
  • HungryMan
    Options
    I'll try that also,
    Thanks
  • milesofsmiles
    milesofsmiles Posts: 1,377
    Options
    Take several children with you make sure they can cry, ( with other cust around ) They are crying because they can't see the beautiful pics. you took of them. with their beloved dog who MIGHT be going to doggy heaven. Crying dog stories help. Get down and dirty" ef em". Get what you paid for. Miles
  • UPS retains proof of every delivery, and can provide you with the name of the person that signed for the package, as well as the date and time.