Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Deals at the Mothership?

Options
mark9765
mark9765 Posts: 122
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I will be going throught Atlanta tomarrow headed to Greenville SC. Is it worth stopping off at the Green Egg Home. Do they have any bargins or are prices about the same at the local dealers. I am mostly looking for a CI grate for my large bge.

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    they may not offer deep discounts, but bobby-Q will take a pic with your for free. that's worth sumthin.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • mark9765
    Options
    :P I have picture of me, I need a CI grate :laugh:
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    They usually have 4 bags of BGE charcoal for $50.
  • stike
    Options
    but you don't have a pic of you AND bobby-Q.

he's dreamy. in a greg brady sorta way. if yer inta that sorta thing. which i'm not. but brenda doesn't take pics with people, you gotta take a pic with bobby or it's nuthin.
  • mark9765
    Options
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    On occasion you may pick up a demo package that was used in a class. I have bought 2 demo small eggs from the mothership while on trips through Atlanta. Give them a call and ask, it may be worth your time. As a rule however, new eggs are retail price unless there is a sale going on. They don't under cut their dealers prices on new eggs.

Gene
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Since you'll be coming up I-85 hit Exit 149 in Ga (Commerce ) and check out the Lodge Factory Outlet. They have some Cast Iron stuff at decent prices.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I pop in down there every couple months or so - usually to reload on lump. While they may not have any super bargains, besides what others have mentioned on demo eggs and lump, it is still a good experience. You can see pretty much everything BGE makes out on the showroom and on display - eggs, grids, tools, tables, etc. They also have a pretty good selection of rubs, sauces, and wood chips/chunks.

I would call ahead to make sure they have the CI grate in stock just in case if that is your primary purpose to stop in.

And like CW said, the Lodge factory outlet at the factory outlet mall in Commerce is worth a stop.
  • stike
    Options
    got it. thanks man. (???)