Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Grilled Mushrooms

RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This recipe was simple and absolutely amazing. I had seen the show on Food Network in which this recipe was made. The basic concept here was to grill the mushroom caps over hot coals. I pulled the mini out for this job so that the mushrooms would be close to the coals. I followed the recipe to a tee, including the white button mushrooms. I fired up the Mini to about 375. When I put the mushrooms on, I was not sure how long so I went with four minutes. I pulled the mushrooms off and immediately put them in ovenproof baking dish. I had to be careful with this step because the caps had filled up with juice and I did not want to loss it. I took the mushrooms inside, added the flavored butter (Yum) and put them in the oven. [p]What came out was absolutely amazing, simple and maddening. The leftover butter went on baked potatoes.[p]Oh yeah, print this recipe out while you have the chance. FoodTv only keeps recipes out there for a limited time. I had to search to find this one.[p]Happy Grilling,
RhumAndJerk

[ul][li]Grilled Mushrooms with Garlic and Parsley Butter[/ul]

Comments

• Marv
    Marv Posts: 177
    RhumAndJerk, I love 'shrooms, but the wife is not crazy about the 'fuzz' as she calls it,inside the caps.
    So why didn't you just put them back on the egg to finish in the baking dish instead of heating up the oven? Unless of course you already had to oven hot for another purpose.[p] I will for sure try this receipe out.[p]Marv

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Marv , There's some 'gills' under the mushroom cap, but if it's something best described as 'fuzz', then, yeah, count me out too! LOL If you get the big 'stuffing' mushrooms then the gills scoop on out pretty clean. Make up some kind of stuffing from any combination of: cheese, bacon, diced stems cut from the mushroom, sage, parsley, garlic powder, minced onions/shallots, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, prosciutto, ham, hot peppers, roasted red peppers, diced olives, fresh garlic, smoked garlic, roasted garlic, garlic butter, scallions, shrimp, crab, monteray jack cheese, provolone, smoked chicken and 300 other things I can't think of right now. Almost any combination, then grill em on up. No black gills (fuzz?), just 100% good eats!
    Qfan

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    BBQfan1,
    Is this your printable version of this recipe? Awful lot of things to stuff in them little caps. Lol You are right, just use about anything you like to stuff mushrooms and you can't go wrong. Thanks for the list.
    Painter

• Marv
    Marv Posts: 177
    BBQfan1, Man-o-man all of those things sound so good. I guess I haven't really tried stuffed mushrooms because I would be the only one eating them for all the work involved unless we had guests over.
    Guess I will have to start eating more of 'em......even it it is by myself.[p]Marv