Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where to buy Tri-tip in Atlanta?

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi all,
anyone know where one can purchase Tri-tip in Atlanta?[p]thanks,
J

Comments

• Marv
    Marv Posts: 177
    Jh, I am sure that you have a Costco or Sam's Club. The Tri-Tips they have are niced size and come in a double pack (2) one for later or throw them both on and then freeze the extra one after cooking.[p]Marv

• Hi Marv ,[p]I bought a small (1 1/2 lb) tri-tip roast last week. I didn't know how to cook it, but the butcher said I could grill it. I prepared and cooked it as I would a steak. I found it on the tough side and not as flavorful as other cuts of beef. How should tri-tip be cooked? Is it one of those low and slow candidates?[p]Ellen
  • Marv
    Ellen aka Gormay, I love Tri-Tip, I cook it in the egg and on my catering rig. Yes, to make it more tender, you need to cook slower. I slice in half leaving a hinge on one side.
    Then spread horseraddish all over it and sprinkle a little season salt on it.
    Then tie with cotton twine and rub the out side with favorite rub.
    Cook indirect until internal temp reaches 140.
    Slice thin across the grain.
    If any left over, I use for french dip sandwhiches the next day. [p]Marv
    For the french dip, I like to slice the meat REAL thin, pile high with thinly sliced onion, on a butter, toasted simi-hard hogie roll.

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Dang Marv, that sounds gooooood!
    A smoked french dip with some fries on the side would go down really easy precisely now.
    What do you use or how do you make the 'dip'?
    Anything planned for the grill today?
    WD

• Marv
    WooDoggies, I just use the comercial brand of dip. It is the foil pack that you mix with water and heat. (helps to mix with warm water first then heat to desired temp).
    No egg cooking today, might grill a Keilbasa on the Jenairre for dinner.[p]Marv

• Dear Marv ,[p]Thanks for the cooking instructions on tri-tip. Next time it is on sale, I will give it another go.[p]I had a Jennaire cooktop for many years. I bought it for the downdraft since the steam from cooking was ruining my upper wooden cabinets. Unfortunately, the downdraft was not powerful enough to redirect the steam from tall pots. When we remodeled the kitchen, the old counter containing the cooktop and oven fit perfectly on my patio.The Jennaire became "The Grill", but that was in "BE"(Before Egg). Now the Big Boy reigns supreme. (He keeps asking for a little sister :-)[p]E.