Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

karma komments.

Options
lowercasebill
lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
karma does have it's downside. my suggestion is to change the little hands to a little egg and only allow up votes. if someone answers your question and is helpful they get a little green egg. why? lots of people post but it takes a while for the newbies to figure out who has more eggsperience. post a question and get a reply from someone with a bunch of little thank you eggs and you will have some confidence in that reply. this will also do away with some personality conflicts and disable the karmanators.
while i am rambling, i would like to see little green eggs next to the registered names indicating how many eggs they own . probably useless but cute
bill

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i like the way you are thinking ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Large Marge
    Options
    perfect suggestion! why do we need thumbs down anyway? Moderator is our eye in the sky...thumbs down assessor...
  • Katodude00
    Options
    Actually this is an incredibly good idea. Believe it or not it is actually an accepted practice for determine who is a subject matter expert. We have written many systems that actually use measurements like these to determine SME. Just removing the ability to remove Karma really fixes the problem. Now if we can actually measure Karma per topic then we really have something going.
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    i ordered the coffee roaster you recommended. i order my green coffee from sweet marias but i placed a large order last time and assume that is how i missed the bemor, or not. regardless it should be here monday with 8 lbs of green beans and the small bean basket. thanks for the tip, and a little green happy egg for you
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    when my 6 hours are up, that has to go too, imho
  • Smokin' Lady
    Options
    Good suggestions - I would give my vote for both of them.
  • Katodude00
    Options
    Great news on the coffee roaster I think you will really like it. It operates very easily and does not require a lot of attention. It gets a little tricky to get the really dark roasts but with a little work they come out great.
  • East Cobb Eggy
    Options
    Bill,

Good Idea.

I told the same thing to AZRP last week. There is not real need for negative karma.

However, I do like the ability that was brought up last week in dropping the user a note when you give them this positive feedback.

Greg