Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rolled turkey breast II (believe it or not I am more educated than my original post would lead you t

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am going to cook a turkey breast on the egg today.I have done a whole turkey beforw but never a boneless rolled breast. I have brined it for about 12 hours. Any advice on what to do next would be greatly appreciated. And Merry Christmas from Bamberg Germany!!!

Comments

• billt
    billt Posts: 225
    Options
    markb442,
    i do mine on a rack sitting on top of a foil pan, no liquid. and temp about 325. i start or finish at a higher temp for crispy skin. if you want it really moist add 'little bit' of wood in the beginning and then foil it. skin will not be crispy. i cook one every week for lunch meat so crispy is not important. i take mine of at 155 and let it rest till 160 before carving. merry merry to you

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    markb442,
    Well, dang!! I thought I was going to finally learn how to make roast tirkey breat. Good luck on the breast, though... :-)[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • The Naked Whiz,
    Well, you haven't lived till you've had a rolled tirkey breat.It is considered a delicacy here in Germany and done on the egg....well it makes me want to slap my Momma! I've done hundreds of them and they go great after a night of snipe hunting.
    Now..back to my turkey breast.
    Markb442

• Eager Egger
    Options
    markb442, I am going to Darmstadt on business at the end of January. I plan on visiting Heidelberg the first weekend we are there for the tourist thing. I was wondering if there were any "Egg Heads" in Germany.
    Mike[p]