Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NEW OWNER

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I JUST BOUGHT MY HUSBAND A EGG FOR CHRISTMAS. I KNOW HE'S GONNA LOVE IT. EVERY REVIEW I HAD HEARD ABOUT THESE GRILLS ARE AWESOME..I SURE HOPE THEY AREN'T WRONG.

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    EMILY,
    Welcome! You've made a good sound decision! To get the most enjoyment from your egg, read the manual and watch the DVD. Most questions for getting started will be on the DVD. If you have any further questions,concerns or comments, just bring them here and someone will usually jump right and help. I've always said that the best accessory for the egg is this forum. Glad to have yall cooking with us! Where are yall located?

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    EMILY,[p]Point your husband to this forum. He will most likely be surprised at all the different foods the Egg cooks really well. I got my first for ribs, was astonished to do pizza and bake bread in it.[p]Several forum participants have web sites about using the Egg. Among the bigger sites are:[p]www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramic.htm
    www.wessb.com
    playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com[p]Browse those for all sorts of good methods. Get ready to have some great food![p]gdenby

• Susan Egglaine
    Options
    EMILY,
    You got yourself a great gift! LOL
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!

• Eager Egger
    Options
    EMILY, Smart move. With the egg your husband will be doing more of the cooking! All kidding aside, the BGE is really a wonderful cooking device and it will get a lot of use.
    Mike
    Round Rock, TX

• JudyFoodie
    Options
    EMILY,
    Welcome to the family! You've just made the greatest decision that is life altering. My advice is for you to also learn how to cook with it. You'll be fighting over who gets to use it and maybe that will lead to a second one some day. Enjoy!

• EMILY,[p]My wife got me one as my early present, and believe me the reviews aren't wrong. It has an additional side benefit. You can get your husband to cook the melas almsot every day