Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rack of Pork - best way to cook???

Options
ironmike
ironmike Posts: 5
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello all! I was just brousing around the newly opened Wegman's grocery store (its more like a little city!). Don't know if you other eggers have access to a store like this, but if you see one definitely stop in for a culinary treat (they are located in norther NY, PA and NJ). Oops, I digress, anyway they had a beautiful "rack of pork" about 2.5 lbs @ $5/lb (it looks like a rack of lamb) and I picked it up. Never saw pork presented this way and as a newbie, I don't know the best way to cook it.[p]Any suggestions???[p]Thanks![p]Mike

Comments

• Iron Mike ,
    Love that rack of pork! I have cooked several.
    I soak mine in a brine solution of...
    1 gal. of water:1 cup korsher salt:1 cup brown suger.
    Soak for 24 hours in the fridge.
    I then cook it indirect over a drip pan at a dome temp of 300-325,until the center of the pork reaches a temp of 150-154 degrees.
    I keep my process simple,but the results are always GREAT.
    Good luck with your rack of pork.
    Have a safe New Year...[p]GaryJ

• ironmike
    Options
    GaryJ,
    Sounds great, thanks for the reply! I'll post my results soon...
    Regards,
    Mike

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Iron Mike ,[p]What the heck is a rack of pork?? Never heard that except for ribs maybe. Is it a pork loin?[p]Tim
  • ironmike
    Options
    Tim M,
    First time I've seen it too! It looks just like a rack of lamb. I assume its just a bunch of pork chops (with bones) before they are cleaved apart.
    Mike

• Vinotech
    Options
    Rack of pork is simply a bone-in pork loin roast with the chine bone (back bone) removed for easy carving, and the rib bones "Frenched"—extra meat removed for an elegant look. This cut is also used for crown roast of pork, which is two loins tied together to form a ring.

Cut process is same as rack of lamb - only the animal is different.......