Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Country Style (pics)

Options
icemncmth
icemncmth Posts: 1,165
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ribs that is...I picked up a couple for lunch yesterday morning and they were done at around 1pm...I had 4 ribs each different...[p]One had only the dry rub..another had some yeller BBQ sauce,,,Head Country BBQ sauce on another and Tiger Sauce on the last one...[p]They were all great![p]206795190-L.jpg

206795500-L.jpg

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    icemncmth,[p]Nice idea. [p]Which brand of mustard sauce did you use? The color looks a lot like Maurice's from SC.[p]You forgot to tell us which one you thought was the best.
  • icemncmth
    Options
    Fidel,[p]The Mustard sauce is one that I make......[p]As for the best...probably the one with the Tiger Sauce!..Great Stuff!
  • icemncmth, oh smoking mentor , whats in the mustard sauce? I thought I smelled good BBQ coming from your side of the city, yesterday....

• icemncmth
    Options
    RVH,[p]This is the one I use...[p]

1 1/2 cups prepared yellow mustard
    1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    3/4 cup cider vinegar
    3/4 cup beer
    1 tablespoon chili powder
    1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
    2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
    1 1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring
    1 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce, or to taste

In a heavy non-reactive saucepan, stir together the mustard, brown sugar, vinegar, and beer. Season with chili powder and black, white, and cayenne peppers. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, and cook for about 20 minutes. DO NOT BOIL, or you will scorch the sugar and peppers.
    Mix in the Worcestershire sauce, butter, and liquid smoke. Simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes. Taste, and season with hot sauce to your liking. Pour into an airtight jar, and refrigerate for overnight to allow flavors to blend. The vinegar taste may be a little strong until the sauce completely cools.[p]

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,923
    Options
    icemncmth,
    here's another one we like to serve on the side.[p]Mustard BBQ Sauce – a.k.a. an Alternative to Red [p]Using a saucepan mix the following ingredients thoroughly and then heat on low temp for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally. This really is a wonderful tasting sauce that your guests will find to be unique![p]1 cup yellow mustard
    ½ cup white balsamic vinegar
    1/3 cup dark brown sugar[p]2 TBS real butter
    1 TBS Worcestershire sauce
    1 TBS lemon juice[p]1 tea cayenne pepper
    ½ tea garlic powder
    ½ tea onion powder

• icemncmth, thank you,sir. I will soon give it a try. We plan to do the ABT's again this weekend out at the lake. This time, I'll just place chairs outside by the egg, since thats where everyone ended up last time, burning their fingers in their hurry to get at the ABT's. People really like them with the jelly suggestion. If we have time, we might get to put the new XD-45 longslide through its paces.
    V

• ChefDave
    ChefDave Posts: 142
    Options
    RVH,Talk to me on the jelly with the ABTs. I must have missed that.[p]David

• Letts-Do-It, I got the jelly idea from Icmncmth. Mix a couple tablespoons of cherry or raspberry jelly into the cream cheese used in the ABT's, and people will hoist you on top of their shoulders after they have tried them! It might not sound real good (at least to me), but it is. It makes them a lot "more gooder". Give it a try.
    V