Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jalapeno recipe with chedar or similar?

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello Folks,[p]I am a huge jalapeno fan but not a cream cheese or sour cream fan. Most of the recipes I've seen have called for one of these aforementioned items to be stuffed into the jalapenos. Does anyone have a recipe where I can add cheddar cheese instead, or anything similar? I greatly appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

Comments

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Hub,
    I mix mozzorella and parmesean with the cream cheese all the time and sometimes even chedder. I don't see why you couldn't do ABTs with another cheese. Farmers cheese gets gooey and stringy. I bet that would be a good one. Shred it up and mix in some other cheeses if you wish and kinda ball it up/make a mini log to put into the pepper.[p]A coworker used cheese in a can for them once. She said it wasn't bad.[p]H

• icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Hub,[p]
    When the wife isn't around I will take japs and stuff them with shrimp...and wrap in bacon!.....[p]I also like to stuff them with some BBQ chicken...and some chedar...then wrap in bacon.[p]One other thing is to stuff them with cooked mushrooms......and wrap in bacon..[p]For fun the other day ...I took a small dill pickle and stuffed it into a whole jap..and then put some batter on it and deep fried it...!!!

• Hub,
    Cut the top off the jap and clean it out.
    Fill with chedder cheese.
    Wrap it up in sausage. (hot-mild)
    This is Called a "Armadillo Egg"
    They freeze well

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Hub,[p]Pepperjack cheese and smoked chicken[p]Cheddar and chopped brisket[p]italian blend and pepperoni[p]You can put anything in ABTs that you think will taste good. There is no "thou must follow" recipe, you are only limited by your imagination.
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Hub,
    Chedar is my cheese of choise on shrooms,japs,on top of bacon wrapped shrimp my favorite.

• Thank you to everyone that responded. I now have a ton of great ideas and am ready to try some of them out! Thanks again.

• Hub,
    Two words for you my friend, Cheese Whiz! has the same consistency as cream cheese. Not pregrated so it won't fall out easily. Get the stuff in the jar, not the can. Use ground beef or sausage. Tastes great!!!!!!