Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

St. Louis Style Ribs

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've had my egg for about a year now but I must say I've learned more in the past few weeks visiting this site than I did experimenting for nearly a year. I'm hoping I can get some advice on how to cook the trimming from spare ribs.[p]I bought some spare ribs and trimmed into St. Louis Style ribs, then cooked using the 3-2-1 method. (I planned to attach pictures of the finished product but didn't see an option to upload them.)[p]I still have the brisket/trimmed portion and am looking for advice on how to cook them. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    SwineLover,[p]I usually cook the trimmings with the spares - and they are done early so I have a snack while the spares are finishing up - or I use the trimming to stuff ABTs.[p]Any time you have a slow and low going just throw the trimmings on.
  • Matt
    Matt Posts: 103
    Options
    SwineLover,[p]Typically, you can just cook them with the spares. Pull the meat and make sandwiches, put it in beans, make ABT's....[p]Honestly, though, I have largely stopped trimming my spares -- I just cook them whole.[p]Matt
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    SwineLover,
    i used to freeze the trimmings. why? i dunno.
    someone finally told me to cook them with the spares as a snack. you can alsoserve them. the only reason i tree the spares is because they are unwieldy to eat untrimmed.[p]but the trimmings are just as good.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante