Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Storage ?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi, I've been lurking for over a year and have never posted. You folks have made using the egg easy. Thanks so much for all the info you have provided!! This brings me to my question. Im selling my gasser storage unit. What else do you use for outdoor storage? I have a XL and a small egg, extra grids, plate setter, etc. I need a place to store all my lump and stuff, Thanks!!!

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Riveregg,[p]Black and Decker Plastic Cabinet..[p]
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    IMG_1388.jpg
    <p />Riveregg,
    1) Lump is stored in the garage.
    2) Electronic toys are stored inside.
    3) Plate setter, stone, extra grates in this "Tupperware" like box with tight sealing lid that slides under my table.
    4) Other small items in the drawer that my small egg sits on.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • ccbassking
    ccbassking Posts: 71
    Options
    Riveregg,
    I have a large (toy )ah deck box. Works great

• Unknown
    Options
    RRP,
    where did you find that "tupperware" (rubbermaid, sterilite, etc?) container? i have looked at all the big box hdwe stores, target, walmart,and can't find any wider than about 16 inches, which isn't wide enough at the bottom of the container for 16" pizza stone or the lg plate setter.[p]Ken[p]

• Bucky Buckshot
    Options
    Riveregg,
    I bought a Rubbermaid storage unit from Menards that works very well for me, sorry no pictures but it is four ft. wide, six ft. tall and eighteen inches deep with three shelves. Gives me plenty of room for all my goodies including lump and is weather tight. I sold my gasser so had to have something for all the accessories. Bucky

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Ken Baker,
    The brand is a Sterilite and molded into the lid it says it is 40 quarts and is 19.875" x 19.875" x 8.75". I bought it at Target maybe 6 years ago. I haven't a clue if they still carry them, but maybe you could get them to order one. BTW mine sits out year around including the freezing winters and gets pulled out and pushed back regularly but is still in great shape. Good luck!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Unknown
    Options
    RRP,
    thanks! i'll keep up the search.

• Bahmanicious
    Bahmanicious Posts: 105
    Options
    Sterlite products are available in all sorts of sizes at Dollar General Stores.
    Best,
    w.a.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bucky Buckshot,[p]Did your storage unit come with shelves? I looked at a similar unit at Lowes today but couldn't tell if it had the shelves included. Thanks.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Riveregg,[p]For storing my lump, I found this great plastic container.[p]It's supposed to be for Kingsford charcoal. But I peeled the label off and dumped my lump right in. It's breat for pouring it in and good for rummaging around to select pieces of lump if I'm feeling ambitious enough to actually construct my fire rather than just dumping it in.[p]http://www.buddeez.com/Pages/1kaddy.html - the Kingsford Kaddy
    [ul][li]Kingsford Kaddy[/ul]