Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where to buy in Central Florida?

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I posted in another thread that I was thinking about buying a large BGE this weekend, and it dawned on me that I really have not researched where the best place to buy one would be. I live about 25 miles NW of Orlando, so I would like to stay in the general area if possible. [p]I did contact a dealer in Longwood, Swim-N-Style, and they did say they have them in stock. I think they were like $600 for the egg and $80 or so for the nest. Is that in the right ballpark? Anyone have a better recommendation for a dealer in the area?

Comments

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Keith W.,[p]I concur with Jupiter Jim. Take a short trip to the coast this weekend and go to Fireside Hearths and Grills in St. Augustine to get that new egg. Fritz and Gayle are great eggheads and will do their best for you. [p]If you get up there, tell them Tonia and Larry say hi![p]Tonia
    :~)

• 2EggTim
    2EggTim Posts: 170
    Keith W.,
    No doubt about it, Hearthside in St. Augustine. Fritz has all eggs in stock except the mini, and plenty of accessories. It would be worth the trip.

• 2EggTim
    2EggTim Posts: 170
    QBabe,
    Well, we're up early this holiday weekend. By the way, I'm going to get some datil sausage today that you made at Fritz's & Gayles. That was good stuff. Hope you and Larry have a great weekend, and hope to see you all soon for another cook.

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    2EggTim,[p]Howdy Tim! Dang, that datil sausage would be tasty this morning. Enjoy it![p]We're up for another cook ANYTIME! We really enjoyed it. [p]Have a great weekend...[p]Tonia
    :~)

• currdog
    currdog Posts: 25
    Keith W., I just moved to Winter Garden and was in the same boat as you for finding a deler. in the West Orlando area, the 3 locations which I have found that are egg dealers are:
    Pinch-A-Penny Apopka
    Pinch-A-Penny Dr. Phillips
    Florida Pool Center in Winter Garden[p]All 3 have larges in stock, a few accessories, and tables. Not every one at each store is an eggspert, but they're friendly. I haven't purchased an egg from them, so can't speak to the prices.

• SeanB
    SeanB Posts: 20
    Last time I checked, Pinch-A-Penny was a bit high on their prices, and generally the clerks don't even know that they sell Eggs. "Oh you mean those green things??"[p]I got mine at Swim and Stuff on 434, I guess they are now called Swim and Style.
    [ul][li]http://www.swimandstyle.com/[/ul]
  • SeanB,[p]That's where I ended up buying mine. I just did not have time to think about getting to St. Augustine anytime soon...and my truck gets like 11mpg. But my mom's ex-husband will have to have one after he sees it. And he has a condo in St. Augustine so I will be sending him to Fireside Hearths and Grills.