Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Italian sourdough bread adventures

Options
Clay Q
Clay Q Posts: 4,486
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
BGEItaliansourdough07006.jpg
<p />Some days I wish I had an Xtra Large. I cut down the bread pan to fit, just scrapes the sides a bit when I close the dome and I went ahead and baked 5 of these Italian torpedo's.

IMG_3805.jpg

The runt of the bunch got eaten up by me, ate the whole thing while it was still warm, so what you see is 4 Italian sourdoughs. Flavor was really super, great with butter. Then it hit me, why not make TOASTED GARLIC BREAD! Ok, now I'm on a mission. Here are a few pic's.

BGEItaliansourdough07018.jpg

BGEItaliansourdough07022.jpg

BGEItaliansourdough07026.jpg

Newman's Own Marinara sauce was gently simmered 3 hours to deepen flavor and make it thicker. Tip; add a touch of sugar to balance the concentrated acid. I removed from the casings two Italian sausages and pre-browned the meat before adding to the sauce, yes sir-reee. The bread was fantasic, crunchy outside, moist inside, wonderfully garlicy with a little asiago cheese to round out the flavor.
Clay

Comments