Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Tri-tip. Success!!!! (Pics)

ArtieQ
ArtieQ Posts: 65
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cooked my first tri-tip tonight. After breaking my work camera by dropping it, I switched to my wife's camera.[p]First shot
100_0200-1.jpg[p]Seasoned up and ready to go
101_1073.jpg[p]
Neat shot
101_1077.jpg[p]Resting
101_1078.jpg[p]Sliced
101_1080.jpg[p]Plated. I love me some BBQ sauce on tater tots!!
101_1082.jpg
We will definitely do this again!!!!

Comments

• BabyBoomBBQ
    BabyBoomBBQ Posts: 703
    ArtieQ,[p]Man, that looks great. A different cooking method I love is blackened Tritip. Something about the Jack Daniels in the wet step I guess...
  • Kinger
    Kinger Posts: 147
    ArtieQ,[p]That looks really really good. What were your cooking times and temps? I am not sure if there is a costco in your area but tri-tip roasts can be had from the man behind the window for considerably less than you paid. I buy them buy the bag and they generally come 8 to a bag. It is a big $ hit up front but we eat a lot of tri tip. at $4.10 per lb that is considerably less than what you paid. [p]Kinger aka JNK
  • JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    The tri tip looks great, Artie. Did you pick up the Maurice's Carolina Gold in SC? It's good stuff.[p]All the best,
    Jim

• ArtieQ
    JSlot,[p]Nope, bought it in Loganville, Ga at a meat market. I'm from SC and love yeller sauce. Been eatin' Maurice's for years. I used to buy a case whenever I went home but I can get it locally now!! There are a few I buy from small restaurants when I go home.
  • ArtieQ
    Kinger aka JNK,
    Yeah, I thought that was expensive but this was the first time I found them. I have a Costco about 45 minutes away. I'll have to give them a try. I'm gonna ask at the local meat market to.[p]I was running out of charcoal and couldn't get the egg to hot. I seared it at 400 for about 2 minutes a side then took it off, reduced temp to about 325 and finished it. I pulled it at 125 deg. and covered it and let it rest for about 10 minutes. It was a little over 130 when I sliced it.

• ArtieQ
    BabyBoomBBQ,
    Does the wet step involve ingesting the JD? Because if it does I might just have to give it a try!!

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,662
    Kinger aka JNK,
    from up here thats a great price. we are looking at over 20 for a roast. 8.99 a pound.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,662
    ArtieQ,
    looks great

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • BabyBoomBBQ
    BabyBoomBBQ Posts: 703
    ArtieQ,[p]Well, partially. :-) Look for "Blackened Tri Tip" post later this morning. I use it in a marinade. If you see the post, try the recipe. I guarantee you'll love it as everyone who has tried it has.