Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good Day for Butts!

Options
Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
IMG_0474.jpg
<p />From looking at the othet posts, there seems to be lots of butts on the BGE.[p]Yesterday at noon, I put two boston butts on my medium (5.9lbs and 5.4lbs) - each was covered with yellow mustard and Memphis rub. The lump was prepaded using the dump-and-pour method - temp last night at 9:30 was 270 degrees. [p]It's now 5:30am and the picture shows the status - internal temp 179 degrees and dome temp 265 degrees - Pulled Pork for Brunch - Life is GOOD! :~}
[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]

Comments

• Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    Options
    Gfw,
    Nice my friend! Very nice indeed![p]I hope my two turn out as well![p]Dr. C

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    Gfw,
    Looking good!!! My first time doing a butt (6 lb) seems to be going well. Dome is at 240* and butts at 165* after 9 1/2 hours, should be a great afternoon.[p]Chuck

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    Options
    Gfw,
    Gordon, the reason we see so many butt here is because they are very good to eat and are easy to do on the egg. I just introduced another friend to pulled pork yesterday. BGE may have another sale very soon. He was amazed at the taste and the simplicity of the cook.[p]It is great to have you posting picture again. They make me hungry however. Way to go!
    Fireball[p]

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    IMG_0477.JPG
    <p />Fireball, don't mean to make you even more hungary, but I just finished pulling the second butt and packaging the end result - after a few PP sandwiches for breakfast! [p]Life is GOOD! :~}