Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bge warranty

Options
fairchase
fairchase Posts: 319
If a part that has the limited lifetime warranty has to be bought out of pocket because one can’t meet all of the new warranty obligations does the new part come with its own limited lifetime warranty?

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,053
    Options
    Yes, if purchased through a certified dealer. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • BigGreenKev
    BigGreenKev Posts: 254
    Options
    What if where you bought from isn't a dealer anymore? My place only sells gas grills now. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,053
    Options
    What if where you bought from isn't a dealer anymore? My place only sells gas grills now. 

I'd email BGE warranty department and explain your situation. If you have another dealer nearby I'd stop in and explain your situation with your original purchase receipt and they should be able to help you. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,927
    Options
    WeberWho said:

I'd email BGE warranty department and explain your situation. If you have another dealer nearby I'd stop in and explain your situation with your original purchase receipt and they should be able to help you. 
    Eggers...Noice @WeberWho used those magical words?  with your original purchase receipt

think MANY/MOST of us older eggers are screwed!  MANY of our dealers which FIRST put BGE in the minds of MOST of us are now out of biz...I know THAT is the sinking/stinking boat that I am in!!!  

ED FISHER>>>CAN you, WILL you Please HELP us???
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,618
    Options
    Perhaps Dan Gertsacov can/will hear us better?
    canuckland
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,643
    Options
    I would hope so.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,927
    Options
    Legume said:
    I would hope so.
    I would like to think so…but I’m afraid the explosive.growth in our era of self paid eggfests spreading the word was quickly forgotten after Ed Fisher brought in/sold out to Arnie who then threw us under the ACE bus!

Screw the promises small businesses and then No tickey no replacement 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,715
    Options
    RRP said:
    Legume said:
    I would hope so.
    I would like to think so…but I’m afraid the explosive.growth in our era of self paid eggfests spreading the word was quickly forgotten after Ed Fisher brought in/sold out to Arnie who then threw us under the ACE bus!

Screw the promises small businesses and then No tickey no replacement 
    What was that all about @RRP

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,842
    Options
    RRP said:
    WeberWho said:

Eggers...Noice @WeberWho used those magical words?  with your original purchase receipt

think MANY/MOST of us older eggers are screwed!  MANY of our dealers which FIRST put BGE in the minds of MOST of us are now out of biz...I know THAT is the sinking/stinking boat that I am in!!!  

ED FISHER>>>CAN you, WILL you Please HELP us???

would it be dishonest for an original owner that filled out the bge warranty card and sent it in and lost his original receipt to use an online receipt generator and recreate his lost receipt....asking for a friend.... =)  bge changed the rules which is not exactly honest
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,338
    Options
    I both registered my receipt with BGE and took pictures of it and the serial numbers justews  to avoid hanging onto a piece of paper. As was recommended at the time I bought it from ACE. Maybe BGE could turn the screws on their quality control department instead of their customers?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,842
    Options
    I both registered my receipt with BGE and took pictures of it and the serial numbers justews  to avoid hanging onto a piece of paper. As was recommended at the time I bought it from ACE. Maybe BGE could turn the screws on their quality control department instead of their customers?

heres the funny thing, my 1991 just had the serial number penciled on the dome, ticonderoga number 2,gone after the first cook. my 1995 i later found on the base hidden under the gasket of all places.......both eggs were bought online from a warehouse in tennessee, in 1996 they stopped the warranty with online sales. bge originally  sent me the warehouse number to order the egg as they didnt have a  dealer in the area. i still dont know what the registration cards were for =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it