Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Florida Eggfest Thoughts (no pix)

Options
omba
omba Posts: 241
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Folks ...[p]Pam (the keeper) and I attended out very first Eggfest this past weekend. We did the non-cook route, but next time … I cook, and she walks around looking good! :-) [p]We were very impressed with the organization, the atmosphere, and mostly a whole lot of people. For any other newbies (less than one year in EGGdom) out there, if you get a chance to get to one, go! I especially enjoyed meeting a bunch of you virtual friends:
Celtic Wolf
Mollyshark
WessB
SallyB
HalfTon
BigT
Maxey
QBabe
Laudmlk
Jupiter Jim
Kaynocook
Simple Bstrd
Big Green Egg
Egret
Sundown
There may have been others, but I forget. (Old age?) It’s like WessB said to me, “It ain’t about the food. It’s about the people, the family.”
So … thanks for being the folks you are.[p]Enough nice stuff. Now to my complaint/concern:
NO ONE EVER SERVED ME THE KOOL-AID.
SUNDOWN REFUSED TO SHOW ME THE SECRET HANDSHAKE.[p]I guess I’ll just have to go to another Eggfest![p]Later,
Peter

Comments

• JM3
    JM3 Posts: 272
    Options
    omba,[p]What do you mean no one ever served you the Kool-Aid. We had a five gallon jug of it sitting on the table. People were drinking it all day long.[p]John
  • omba
    omba Posts: 241
    Options
    JM3,
    Duh!
    I forgot to look for it?
    :-)

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    omba,[p] Well you tasted the food I cooked in the dutch ovens. Do you still think they'd taste as good from an Oven??[p] Good to meet you BTW.
  • BigT
    BigT Posts: 385
    Options
    omba,[p]It was my pleasure to meet the Imperial Flame Trooper j/k.[p]Sundown got all fired up when I asked if I could take a close up shot of the veggie skewers he was passing out...[p]I had a great time at my first eggfest as a cook. I overdid the cooking part some, and didn't get to visit as much / many as I'd have liked to. [p]Kudos to Qbabe and all the sponsors, park personnel, Eggers and bluegrass musicians for putting on a great Eggfest- and what a beautiful day. We'll all be wishing for cool fronts soon enough...[p]Big T[p]FL-Eggfest.jpg