Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Rant

Options
10yrs ago we remodeled our kitchen and installed a small 18" flat screen television.  Fast forward, no one makes 18" anymore.  Put a 32", they say.  What if you are space limited?

Rant over!!
The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Could you find a computer monitor that size?  What's it hooked up to?
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    Just looked at Amazon. Looks like some options there around the size you’re looking for. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    Legume said:
    Could you find a computer monitor that size?  What's it hooked up to?
    what about an IPad?  Frame it in a bit more.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,086
    Options
    What @Legume said.  Unless you require a integrated tuner for over the air broadcasts a monitor should work for you.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Guys, all good suggestions, but back to my question, why did Samsung, LG, Sony, etc get out of the small TV market?  Those available on Amazon appear to be off the wall brands....rather not do that.  Just ranting is all....it's complicated.  Coax comes out of the wall and into the tv.....second story about, can't access the top plate of the wall....I am going have a stiff drink.  :). Thanks for listening guys.
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,193
    edited March 17
    Options
    Supply and demand is the reason they are scarce. There’s no demand. 

Here’s a 24” Vizio at Wally World. 

• RajunCajun
    Options
    Supply and demand is the reason they are scarce. There’s no demand. 

Here’s a 24” Vizio at Wally World. 

Thanks!  Space limited, 24" is too large
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    If you can get the right size in a dubious brand, go for it.  It's not like you'll be watching Oppenheimer on it.

Could also try looking for an RV tv.  It looks like Jensen makes a 19"
  • RajunCajun
    Options
    Legume said:
    If you can get the right size in a dubious brand, go for it.  It's not like you'll be watching Oppenheimer on it.

Could also try looking for an RV tv.  It looks like Jensen makes a 19"
    thanks!!!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,410
    Options
    WTF TV fails at the 10 year mark these days?? Seriously, I have never heard of such a short life span.  That said, I don't have any hardware solutions to your issue.  
    Remodel the kitchen to accept an oversized TV or $hitcan the TV option may solve the issue.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    I had somewhat of the same problem with a large wall unit which I expect will be cut up and hauled out of here since my dead body will be wheeled out first! 

My solution involved a bit of woodworking…the part of the challenge which I enjoyed most! My solution was adding a narrow, unobtrusive bump out shelf and then band saw modifications to the feet of the new TV - feet since the old set sat inside the cabinet!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,669
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    WTF TV fails at the 10 year mark these days?? Seriously, I have never heard of such a short life span.  That said, I don't have any hardware solutions to your issue.  
    Remodel the kitchen to accept an oversized TV or $hitcan the TV option may solve the issue.  FWIW-
    Maybe heat is an issue being in a cabinet? 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options

Jacksonville FL
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    RRP said:
    I had somewhat of the same problem with a large wall unit which I expect will be cut up and hauled out of here since my dead body will be wheeled out first! 

My solution involved a bit of woodworking…the part of the challenge which I enjoyed most! My solution was adding a narrow, unobtrusive bump out shelf and then band saw modifications to the feet of the new TV - feet since the old set sat inside the cabinet!
    Whoops I forgot to explain
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    TV Dinners have now morphed into dinner TVs?  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    Supply and demand, plus has to do with how LED panels are made and how many panels you can get out of the actual large manufactured panel before cutting into the correct panel sizes.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,537
    Options
    ...  Coax comes out of the wall and into the tv...
    Get an adapter to convert coax to hdmi or whatever?
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=coaxial+to+hdmi+converter+for+tv&crid=34NKBOWENPKPN&sprefix=%2Caps%2C94&ref=nb_sb_ss_recent_2_0_recent

canuckland