Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Couple Porterhouses

Options
Had the annual physical Monday, lab work was as expected.  Cholesterol high in the low 240's but ratios excellent, so carry on.  Celebrated with some beef...
They leaned more towards medium instead of desired med-rare, but still very tasty.
LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
Great Plains, USA

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Congratulations on a clean bill of health. I see you have the appropriate sides for a steak that size!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,663
    Options
    Great looking steaks

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Holy Cow!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,087
    Options
    Great way to celebrate 👍
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    That is indeed the right way to celebrate good lab results. 

My late FIL would go get his labs drawn, then head straight to his favorite eatery, to avoid any guilt after the results were in. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,583
    Options
    Great looking steaks and congratulations on your ratios!!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Those look great!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Wait a minute, did you also decline a cognitive exam?    Oh, wrong forum sorry.   

In all seriousness, congrats on the exam and great looking cook!
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Ragingirishman2
    Options
    Congrats on good lab results and you picked a good celebratory meal. 
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,087
    Options
    @TechsasJim - Cognitive may be in the future, sometimes I'll go to the basement for a reason, once there it's like "what did I come down for"?  Related... once upon a time had some testing by a doc in the "psycho" fields.  Results indicated a whole team was required to address issues.  Insurance wouldn't cover that, so those visits ended.  Prolly woulda stayed off the plane if had insurance coverage. ;)
    Great Plains, USA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,413
    Options
    @dbCooper - Oak Barn by chance as I just reordered their ribeyes and brisket?
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,087
    Options
    @lousubcap - Those were not OBB sourced, they came from a local butcher shop. 
    Overdue here for a daytrip to West Point, NE and replenishing the good stuff. 
    Your brisket reorder has me wanting to try one from them.  I think you've done the flat previously?  Did you go with that again?
    Great Plains, USA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,413
    Options
    @dbCooper-I select the point cut and obviously quite pleased as this is my third order for the brisket.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    Had the annual physical Monday, lab work was as expected.  Cholesterol high in the low 240's but ratios excellent, so carry on.  Celebrated with some beef...
    They leaned more towards medium instead of desired med-rare, but still very tasty.
    Nice on both the health and of course my fav cut of beef. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow