Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Recent Laser Fun

Options
CTMike
CTMike Posts: 3,262
Some slate coasters, tumblers, and a Norlan Vaild whiskey glass (which was tough to get a good picture of):

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
Southeastern CT. 

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,927
    Options
    Looks like you are really perfecting your ability! Have you already hung out your “Open for business” sign yet?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,563
    Options
    RRP said:
    Looks like you are really perfecting your ability! Have you already hung out your “Open for business” sign yet?

@RRP I echoed the same sentiments in a PM to CTMike.  Given where he lives he has a gold mine of military (primarily submarines) customers to get this business some real staying power.  Then, off to the races. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,222
    Options
    Nice!! Those look absolutely amazing.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • CTMike
    Options
    So I looked at the picture of the Stanley above showing them individual’s name, dolphins, date, and panicked - thinking I misspelled “August” and the Stanley logo was off. Turns out I tried to do a pano photo and it didn’t work out - hence the distortion at the base. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,927
    Options
    CTMike said:
    RRP said:
    Yes I have. It all started by posting a photo of the coasters on the Dallas Facebook page, and next thing you know, people are inundating me with messages. I’ve done more sales in the last 12 days than I did all of last year. Nice problem to have. 
    HOLY SH#T, Bat Man! I better get looking at what I can get you to do for me!!!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,739
    Options
    Very nice work, @CTMike. Wishing you success in growing this venture. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Very nice, which laser do you have?
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • CTMike
    edited January 19
    Options
    RRP said:
    CTMike said:
    RRP said:
    Yes I have. It all started by posting a photo of the coasters on the Dallas Facebook page, and next thing you know, people are inundating me with messages. I’ve done more sales in the last 12 days than I did all of last year. Nice problem to have. 
    HOLY SH#T, Bat Man! I better get looking at what I can get you to do for me!!!
    In the interest of full disclosure, I didn’t try very hard last year and the wife was giving me grief about it. So I told her I was going to lean in to the side gig this year to try and make it profitable. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    Options
    GlennM said:
    Very nice, which laser do you have?
    I have an OMTech 16x24” 55 watt with a PiBurn Grip rotary that is dedicated for the tumblers, and an OMTech 40x63” 130 watt for everything else. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,563
    edited January 25
    Options
    Yes sir. 
    Edit-
    Submarines once!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CTMike
    Options
    Thanks Frank. 

Submarines twice . . . . 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,222
    Options
    Is a submarine a boat or a ship?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Begger
    Begger Posts: 569
    Options
    You may need to 'upgrade' to a more 'real' camera.    I recommend using what is known as a Circular Polarizer when photographing objects with glare or shine.    Water reflections?   Shiney autos?   Windows?
    When photographing sky, you can 'saturate' the blue of the sky and bring out the white of the clouds.

This is the only filter in my bag.   Most of the rest I can do in software. 

Most of the new 'interchangeable' lens cameras are 'mirrorless', easy to handle and quick.    If you have a real camera store nearby?   Find out what lens will focus close enough for what you wish to photograph.

If I was curious about a given lens?   Maybe I could rent it from the local store and they'd apply rental IF I go ahead and purchase......from new stock.

Than think about backgrounds.    Defocus of the background brings out the object of interest.   I photographed a friends Orchid collection and used black velvet as a background.   Perfecto...
  • CTMike
    Options
    Begger said:
    You may need to 'upgrade' to a more 'real' camera.    I recommend using what is known as a Circular Polarizer when photographing objects with glare or shine.    Water reflections?   Shiney autos?   Windows?
    When photographing sky, you can 'saturate' the blue of the sky and bring out the white of the clouds.

This is the only filter in my bag.   Most of the rest I can do in software. 

Most of the new 'interchangeable' lens cameras are 'mirrorless', easy to handle and quick.    If you have a real camera store nearby?   Find out what lens will focus close enough for what you wish to photograph.

If I was curious about a given lens?   Maybe I could rent it from the local store and they'd apply rental IF I go ahead and purchase......from new stock.

Than think about backgrounds.    Defocus of the background brings out the object of interest.   I photographed a friends Orchid collection and used black velvet as a background.   Perfecto...
    I do need to spend more time setting up my photos.  I have a Canon EOS R and a couple of L series lenses, just need to charge the batteries and put them to use.  Thanks for the reminder. As far as backgrounds, I plan on just using Photoroom.

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT.