Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Adjustable Rig or PSWoo + Extender

Options
I've got a large egg with the original plate setter, bge ss grid and full cast iron grid. What would your recommendation be for a CGS upgrade? 
Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
Cumming, GA  

Comments

• Buckwoody Egger
    Options
    I have been happy with spider, searing grate, pswoo, extender, large half grate, pizza stone for a bunch of options.  

Here’s a couple configs outside of the typical “ps woo holding the plate setter”, which is a very good setup also. 

Spider and pizza stone for a lowered indirect 

Three levels of direct

Searing grid then half grid and extender 

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    @Buckwoody Egger this is excellent I appreciate your input! I think I have a spider already now that I think about it. Think I'll get the Woo + extender
    Cumming, GA  

• TrippleRipple
    Options
    When I bought my egg (L), I had the same gear as you. I ordered a PSWOO CI (this is important for using the cast iron grate with it) with the extender and a half pizza stone. I'm very happy with it.  
    Formerly @dharley prior to some password bs.

LBGE, 36" Blackstone, bad liver & a broken heart

Three Rivers, MI
  • fence0407
    Options
    When I bought my egg (L), I had the same gear as you. I ordered a PSWOO CI (this is important for using the cast iron grate with it) with the extender and a half pizza stone. I'm very happy with it.  
    Awesome! What do you use for a drip pan on indirect cooks?
    Cumming, GA  

• danhoo
    danhoo Posts: 688
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I have a large BGE with woo, drop spider and extender. I have a 14 in. and a 16 in.  SS drip pan and which one I use depends on what I'm cooking. 
    current: | Large BGE |  Genesis 1000 | Genesis E330 | 22 inch Kettle | Weber Summit Kamado
    sold:| PitBoss pro 820  WSM 22 
  • fence0407
    Options
    danhoo said:
    I have a large BGE with woo, drop spider and extender. I have a 14 in. and a 16 in.  SS drip pan and which one I use depends on what I'm cooking. 
    I just placed an order for the woo + extender and a 16in drip pan. Found the spider in my box of egg goodies ✅️
    Cumming, GA  

• Ybabpmuts
    Options
    My sister O'Beulah Loch MyKraken found a spider on her shalalie one time. I think I'rather have a spider on my egg goodies than my shalalie any day 
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,270
    Options
    AR here. I cook with it every week. I also added an extender. Used it tonight for a spatchcock chicken. I also have a spider.
    Mountain View, CA