Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blues Hog sauces in squirt bottles??? I never saw them before!

Options
13»

Comments

• PhinnGerbang
    Options
    I'm glad to see someone in this thread finally brought up the size of the holes.  People often try to jam things into or through holes that really aren't big enough, with all kinds of consequences.  
    Once again I would like to genuinely apologize for all of that.
    Yes that is my real name.
  • BlueRidgeSmokers
    Options

Not to trigger anyone, but I just saw this at my Wal-Mart in Suisun City, CA. I hadn't seen the "Champion's Blend" before but it's exactly what I expected - thinned a fair bit, a lot like EAT IPO that I swear by.

It is perhaps a failing on my part, but the sheer trendiness of the Raspberry Chipotle prevents me from trying it. I'm sure it's good.

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options

Not to trigger anyone, but I just saw this at my Wal-Mart in Suisun City, CA. I hadn't seen the "Champion's Blend" before but it's exactly what I expected - thinned a fair bit, a lot like EAT IPO that I swear by.

It is perhaps a failing on my part, but the sheer trendiness of the Raspberry Chipotle prevents me from trying it. I'm sure it's good.

I might be remembering this incorrectly. But I believe the Comp Blend is a mix of the Original and the Tennessee Red. So the Comp is thinner than the Original but thicker than the T Red. 
    I have not tried their Raspberry either, but the others were all pretty good.
    ‘Picked up a couple bottles of this while traveling last week. Friend told me it was very good.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options

It thinned because it is thinned. Champions blend is thinned purposefully with Tennessee Red because tons of comp teams thin down their sauce to use as a glaze. It’s intentional and exactly as the jar. It’s a blend of more than one sauce just as the name infers. 🤦🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🙄🙄🙄🙄
  • BlueRidgeSmokers
    Options
    Yeah I reckoned it's a blend of Original and Tennessee Red. I might have done that myself for a while before discovering EAT IPO straight out of the bottle. Made more money with EAT IPO, too.

Thanks.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    "Anybody that puts honey in a glass jar is a sucker"

-somebody around here 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,659
    Options
    I do squeeze bottles and inverted squeeze bottles along with jars, something for everyone.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Legume said:
    "Anybody that puts honey in a glass jar is a sucker"

-somebody around here 
    Fark. I just did that yesterday. The Mike's Hot Honey is now in a glass jar, so I can microwave it lickety split. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,055
    Options
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,055
    Options
    I was so happy to see this thread was bumped this morning. Made my day. 😁
  • BlueRidgeSmokers
    Options
    No photos, but I fried some chicken wings last night, hit 'em with Champion's Blend. Effin' amazing, don't judge me.