Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

dont buy an f550 v10

Options
to move your egg. so far 5.6 average mpg =)=)
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Post a pic of that bad boy!  Why did you not opt for the diesel?  You probably would have doubled your fuel economy.  I like the 450/550 trucks.  I really like the 650 too.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • sheetmetalpete
    Options

Ha! 

My new Ram 2500 with a 6.4 Hemi isn't exactly fuel efficient either. ;)

Glencoe, Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,041
    Options
    If this makes you feel any better this can tow 65,000 lbs and get 10mpg! =) You better keep that Dodge around for mpg

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    My E350 v10 van gets around 11mpg.thats with a lift and 34" tires. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Captain_Paul
    Captain_Paul Posts: 138
    Options
     You need to check your specs. That's way more truck than you need to haul an egg. 
    LBGE, Minimax
    Owensboro, Kentucky
    Go Cats!
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    texaswig said:
    And a stack of bodies 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,818
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Post a pic of that bad boy!  Why did you not opt for the diesel?  You probably would have doubled your fuel economy.  I like the 450/550 trucks.  I really like the 650 too.
    90 percent or so of the hauling is between 0.25 miles to 10 miles which i wouldnt want a deisel for. thinking it should get 10 to 12 mpg on the longer trips ;)  it barely gets warmed up going between buildings but i needed the weight capacity, you know, an egg and lots of lump =)
    fukahwee maine

• DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 895
    Options
    Did someone say my name?

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,181
    Options
    texaswig said:
    4x4 I hope.  Love the fullsize 4x4 vans.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    texaswig said:
    4x4 I hope.  Love the fullsize 4x4 vans.
    His van is pimp-a-licious!
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac no its a prerunner. Bought it with the baja style lift and suspension with intention to convert to 4 wheel drive. It's got me everywhere I've wanted to go so far. Probably never do the conversation now. @fishlessman is the truck new. If so it'll probably get better after breaking in some. That and it's probably got a really low set of gears. This is my first ford. I'm a big fan of the v10 now. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,432
    Options
    So after 10 years it will have 4000 miles on it?  I would like to see a pic especially if new.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,818
    Options
    second hand with 12k on it, i think it only had lawnclippings in it, no scratches in the bed. gonna sell te bed anyways and build a body more like my old truck. dump, ramp, liftgate, winch, sides that drop for side loading etc, have had this forever, and she is tired =) c30 1970 chevy

fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Be sad
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    My V10 only gets about 7-8

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

I would hate to replace those windows, but that is an epic motorhome.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

I remember first time I drove that was through Atlanta on some narrow ass lanes at night in the rain.  18 wheelers would speed by and try to suck you out of your lane.  (we were going to butt blast).

That said, I love that baby!

edited February 2023
    Options

Just had to replace the front windshield and it was not cheap!!!

I remember first time I drove that was through Atlanta on some narrow ass lanes at night in the rain.  18 wheelers would speed by and try to suck you out of your lane.  (we were going to butt blast).

That said, I love that baby!

Man, that was such a fun trip!!!

I'm remodeling it inside right now! Replaced the floors, new leather and redid the kitchen. Pics soon!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    The Spinal Tap version of that engine comes out next year.  Has one more cylinder to make it a V11.
    edited February 2023
    Options
    The Spinal Tap version of that engine comes out next year.  Has one more cylinder to make it a V11.
      How does that work?