Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

temperture of cooking chicken legs

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I could not find the correct temperture & time limit for cooking chicken parts legs wings ect. Thanks for your help.

Comments

• The Virginian
    Options
    BARRY HENDRIX,
    For leg and thigh, 180 degrees.
    For breast, about 165 I think.
    For wings, I often take them up to 190 or more.

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    BARRY HENDRIX,
    I take legs and thighs to 200, get a little bit crispier skin and the meat is very moist. -RP

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    BARRY HENDRIX,[p] If you go by the new USDA standards all poultry parts can be cooked to 165 and be safe. Some will say that they don't feel the thighs and legs are cooked enough at this temp, but they are.[p] You don't want to get the White Meat much above 165 because it will start to dry out and this includes skinless wings. Skin on wings will stay moist at a higher temp.[p] Dark meat is still moist as it approaches 180+.[p]As for times.. It's done when it's done. Times will vary with temp of the cook.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    BARRY HENDRIX,
    ive only been cooking thighs and wings, never really checked wings that i can remember but i would assume they are similar to thighs. i cook them til they start to get crunchy at 250-275 degrees and the internal is 190 to 200.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it