Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Proud Dad...wow I'm old

Options
ksmyrl
ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
"The Boy" as I call him is 17. Rising senior. Hard worker. Good kid. Not the best student but not the worst. A lot like his old man except he is an entrepreneur at heart, I'm not. 

Anyway. Senior parking lot party is tonight, sanctioned and supervised by the school. The school bought pizza for all 70 of them. But the boy said that wasn't good enough for his crew. So they went to the store and bought enough burgers for everyone. His crew is 5 dudes who hunt, fish and shoot clays. 

He asked me yesterday if he could use "Prescious"...yes I named my eggs. I said sure. He just texted and said "everyone says these burgers taste like Big Kev's". That's what his buddies call me...I cook for them alot. 

This brings a smile to my face for so many reasons. Can't believe he has one more year till college. 

Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA

Comments

• RagingIrishman
    Options
    I love this post. Congrats to your boy. You’ve raised him well and I know you’re a proud dad. 
    Plainfield, IL
    XL BGE
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,303
    Options
    Maybe he can make extra money at college with his own Egg and a trailer?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    That is quite the well-deserved acknowledgement of the17+ years of challenges and successes along the way.  Congrats on not only the parenting achievement but the recognition.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    That's fantastic! Fantastic post and I'm happy for the both of you!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    Amazing!  Good on you and your son.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Its wonderful to read about good kids, doing good things. Someone must have raised that kid right. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Great post!!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Way to go, Dad! 

Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Thanks yall. Apparently they went and got hotdogs and cooked again at 230am. The athletic director bestowed the title of "tailgate leader" on him early this morning. They had a ball. 

Thanks for the compliments! Seriously. 
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Awesome post Dad!!!  See you are passing it on... 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424
    Options
    Proud dad, that's great!!
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,657
    Options
    This is awesome!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• BUFFALOMOOSE
    Options
    Bravo. Take a bow. So cool.
    South Buffalo, New York
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    So much good here, but I have to ask - how many in his class if he was cooking for them all on an MM?
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Great post Dad!
    I bet he'll remember that night with his class and a BGE
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @ksmyrl it sounds like he just ran his first, very own, eggfest. :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.