Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who cares about the rain...

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
Morning All:

Just as I went out to light the small Egg for some brats it started raining so I moved the Egg right up to the back door under the overhang so I could stay inside & dry...

used some Dizzy Pig Mediterranean-ish rub & grilled direct...once the brats were done they went on top of some hot German potato salad for an Eggscellent meal...

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    Just taking hot potatoes salad. Recipe?
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Always remember, "You can only get so wet."  Looks great.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • LetsEat
    LetsEat Posts: 458
    Options
    I grew up eating my German great-grandmother’s potato salad. My Mother’s was good but nothing like my great-grandmother’s. I haven’t made it in ages but will be heading to the meat market tomorrow to purchase bacon. Guess I should also check my supply of cider vinegar. Great-grandmother had a vinegar cruet in her kitchen. It always grossed me out to see the “mother” floating in the vinegar. Thanks for the memories. 
    IL 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Listened to some CCR ….Have you Ever Seen the Rain. A Cosmic moment I guess. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    SSN686 said:
    Morning @fishlessman 

Here is the recipe for the potato salad...it is delicious!

thanks, on the list for the weekend
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,521
    Options
    SSN686 said:
    Morning All:

Interesting method for keeping the dome atmosphere humid, to achieve an impeccable result. I generally use a deep pan filled with water ... but I will reconsider my choices, particularly with an impending thunder storm or hurricane! LOL.

Looks like they turned out great!
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    If you wanna send some of that rain to North Texas we could use it. Mother Nature just teased us with a sprinkle for 5min and that's all the rain we've had since May.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Jay:  I can appreciate your desire not to get wet.  There's an tradition on a railroad . . . engineers don't get wet!  :D
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap