Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hard battle…congrats Raiders!

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,887
Guess I was the only one still watching?
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    Nope- I enjoyed the ESPN 2 coverage with the Mannings, especially Peyton.  
    Here's my post from the WAYDRN thread from a couple of hours ago:
    "While it started out too technical for most (likely the producer throttled it back) the ESPN 2 Peyton and Eli running commentary of Monday Night Football is quite entertaining.  Guests in the first half were Charles Barkley (like he's a football expert??!!) and later Ray Lewis (I have issues with him but having a defensive guru was a great balance to the offense oriented pace of the program.)  Peyton is clearly the driver and emcee of this first attempt but worth a look.  Eli is definitely reacting to the serves from Peyton and the producers but I have learned a fair amount about the behind the scenes insights offered in the run of the game."
    It was quite a finish and certainly not one to be predicted.  
    If you didn't catch the Manning show, even if the game is a predicted sleeper (Lions and Packers next week) the broadcast is worth it.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    I enjoyed the Manning feed, also.  When Peyton put that Ravens helmet "on" that was three sizes too small, I about lost it!

It amazes me how they both understand the game and can almost guess the plays before they happen.  I like football, and feel like I understand it better than the average guy, but I realize I am only scratching the surface after watching those two.

Clinton, Iowa
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,024
    Langner91 said:

It amazes me how they both understand the game and can almost guess the plays before they happen.  I like football, and feel like I understand it better than the average guy, but I realize I am only scratching the surface after watching those two.

I wonder if I can somehow pick up 16 year old Arch Manning on my fantasy football team and have him ride the pine for the next 4-5 years before turning pro.  =)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • So glad I stayed up to watch that game last night.  It was a wild finish.  

Listening to the Manning brothers roast each other was enjoyable, to say the least.  It was light years more enjoyable than listening to the standard MNF crew.  Outside of Al Michaels, that lineup gets goofier each year.  Booger McFarland, Joe Tessitore, Randy Moss…all of them are like nails on a chalkboard to me. 

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• Wow people still watch professional football nowadays? I got tired of listening to multimillionaires complaining. Haven't watched professional football in like 4 years. Don't miss it one bit. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    Somehow the No Fun League is raking in $$B every year so there is a market out there.  I normally don't pay much attention til the playoffs but with a (nothing is free!) free subscription to DirecTV's Sunday Ticket package for the season I will run the RedZone every Sunday.
    For the record- Turns out I had the same deal last year but until my son had some friends over one Sunday and I overheard the RedZone was on I had no clue.  Yup nine weeks in the season when the light went on.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Wow people still watch professional football nowadays? I got tired of listening to multimillionaires complaining. Haven't watched professional football in like 4 years. Don't miss it one bit. 
    Then why comment here? 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • dmchicago
    I love football but after the first quarter, I was kinda bored with this game as I really didn't care who won or lost between these two teams.

I tried to find other diversions but kept coming back to the game.

Stayed up till the end. Very exciting finish.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • I'm a Raider fan but when the center started hiking the ball without the QB in place I decided to call it a night. Glad they pulled it out. Hope Jacobs can stay healthy.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • dmchicago said:
    Wow people still watch professional football nowadays? I got tired of listening to multimillionaires complaining. Haven't watched professional football in like 4 years. Don't miss it one bit. 
    Then why comment here? 
    Because last I checked this isn't communist China. I don't make comments every time you talk about your ass sprinkler do I?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• dmchicago
    dmchicago said:
    Then why comment here? 
    Because last I checked this isn't communist China. I don't make comments every time you talk about your ass sprinkler do I?
    Wait, I thought Joe was a commie. 

My comments about my "ass sprinkler" (great name for it, btw) are mostly in response to someone else mentioning it. 

Not for nothing, but you sound grumpy and maybe a good "ass sprinkling" would cheer you up.

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • dmchicago said:
    Then why comment here? 
    Gotta admit that “ass sprinkler” gave me a good chuckle.