Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good Eats

Photo Egg
Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
Have you watched any of the new Alton Brown “Good Eats” episodes?
He is really out there!
Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    I love that guy!  Great blend of science, food, and showmanship.  

I saw him on "Hot Ones".  He brought half and half instead of milk to drink.  Says the reason people use Ranch, Blue Cheese dressing, milk, etc. to calm the heat is because of the fat content, not dairy content.  So, he drank the fattiest milk product he could and was able to eat all of the hot wings. He also said alcohol helps.

https://youtu.be/T1-k7VYwsHg 

I think I watched one of his new Good Eats episodes.  I should finish them.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    I set my Dish DVR to record his episodes, many year ago, and its been snatching his new episodes like a champ; I'm enjoying them.  
    His post-apocalyptic/current-COVID episodes are even more clever, don't know if he has a crew "behind the scenes" or just got very, very good at the video art.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    Trick is to drink dairy *before* you eat hot stuff. 

Fat blocks the capsaicin from bonding to the pain receptors. Once it bonds, you can’t wash it away. 

Milk fat helps prohibit the bonding. 

But it doesn’t do anything once it’s latched on. 
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    When I was doing hot wing challenges I would eat bread or pretzel after wards and be ok. No idea why it just worked for me.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Used to enjoy the first iteration of Good Eats, but haven't kept up with the recent ones. Maybe its time to get back into them. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    I learned how to make crema from one of his videos. You can’t buy it here.
  • If you like that, check out Quarantine Quitchen on YouTube. It's basically he and his wife in their home, live-streaming as they make dinner, drink cocktails, and argue. It's quite entertaining. I may be biased because I was already a huge fan.
    Formerly @dharley prior to some password bs.

LBGE, 36" Blackstone, bad liver & a broken heart

Three Rivers, MI