Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg leaking out of the bottom

Options
xfire_ATX
xfire_ATX Posts: 1,112
edited July 2021 in EggHead Forum
It’s been raining a bit but I ran a Brisket July 4th and then ran up to 400 afterwards.   We’ve had maybe 1/2” since and when I fired egg up to 400 now I see water dripping off in painted portion below .   I was planning on running up to 600 until out of charcoal after I pull the chicken.   Thoughts?

edit- this base is maybe 18 months old and I just cleaned all the ash out which was dry

XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    If you can see clear water droplets I would cruise at 350-400. You need to dry the ceramics out before going hog wild. IMHO. Hopefully you don’t have any cracks already 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,112
    Options
    After further review my egg had maybe a 3/8"-1/2" underbite which was soaking the gasket and getting in the ceramics.  Re-aligned lid today another 350 5 hour burn to dry it out.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president.