Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The well traveled egg?

Options
GWW
GWW Posts: 43
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Nature Boy should know the answer to this question, seems how he takes his egg everywhere! How do you all take your egg's on the road? Break them all the way down or leave it intact with some kind of cradle to secure it? Heading to Nantucket and thinking the little hibachi grille my buddy has just wont cut it! A few ideas?[p]gww

Comments

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Options
    GWW,
    When I go up north, 9hrs,the first time, I did break down the egg by removing the lid and nest. I was able to pick up large pieces of foam from a friends co and surround it completly. Second time, same thing but did not take off the lid. Can't say I enjoyed the bumps and fast stops, but made it safely and food was great.[p]Earl

• GWW
    GWW Posts: 43
    Options
    A solid foam casket sounds ideal. Wanna make sure it has a nice ride, not a good way to start a vacation glueing humpty back together again![p]Thanks,
    Greg