Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT canon lens repair

Options
jdMyers
jdMyers Posts: 1,336
edited March 2021 in EggHead Forum
Shooting a anniversary event.  External battery pack got snagged on my waist bag and snatched entire camera off a bar height table, sling shot it across the room.  Canon says lens too fragile and beyond shelf life repair.  $1990 to replace it.  So under the knife we go.  Missed the cut ribbon cable when I put it back together.  However.  Lens shoots, meters, just no autofocus. Manual focus for now.  I suspect ribbon cable.  Thank you youtube.

Columbus, Ohio

Comments

• ChrisgrillsSTLMO
    Options
    Greetings-

Anything you can do to save L glass is worth it, glad it has a second life. I am a little surprised that Canon wouldn't take a crack at it, I wonder how they compute "shelf life"?

Happy shooting!
    Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,536
    Options
    Impressive work right there.  Congrats on the recovery!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Well, I'm impressed! I would have just had to start using my phone! 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Amazing effort buddy!
    Been pretty lucky over the years. Never a major issue with L glass.
    But have used Havel Camera out of San Antonio TX for person and office gear. Always good service.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I fixed a 70-200 F2.8 L Canon auto focus once.  Keeping everything clean was the difficulty.
    Options
    impressive