Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hangout

Options
2»

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,511
    Options
    Remember, There are only two types of ships, submarines and targets.   B)
    Stay healthy and safe out there.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Welcome. There are a few crazies here, not me though.
    In an insane society, a sane man must appear insane. - Mr. Spock
    Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,192
    Options
    Is it Crazies or crazys.

If it is possesive, does it change?  Crazies' or crazy's?

Can we say crazy anymore?  I thought that was an insensitive term.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,827
    edited March 2021
    Options
    crazy is a compliment, well it better be
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @lousubcap you have always been coy, did you serve on the Monitor or Merrimack?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    Options
    Is it Crazies or crazys.

If you de’sire a’s’si’stance with u’sing apo’strophe’s with plural po’s’se’s’sive’s, plea’se ‘start another po’st. 

Otherwi’se, ju’st do what the majority of the internet u’ser’s do, and put an apo’strophe in front of the letter “‘S”. 

Today, an apo’strophe apparently only mean’s “look out, here comes an ‘S’!”

If you can’t beat them, join them
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited March 2021
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    Is it Crazies or crazys.

If you de’sire a’s’si’stance with u’sing apo’strophe’s with plural po’s’se’s’sive’s, plea’se ‘start another po’st. 

Otherwi’se, ju’st do what the majority of the internet u’ser’s do, and put an apo’strophe in front of the letter “‘S”. 

Today, an apo’strophe apparently only mean’s “look out, here comes an ‘S’!”

If you can’t beat them, join them
    This made me laugh more than it 'should have.  Thank you kind 'sir.

You 'stryke me a's the type would would enjoy a podca'st called "The Allu'sion'st".  I find it very intere'sting.
  • Potsticker
    Options

SamIAm2 said:
    @potsticker - Haze Gray, no longer underway. Sweepers,Sweepers man your brooms. Welcome aboard. 

I understand both my ships were decommissioned  and the Com Station was closed down.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Welcome. Looks like you'll fit in just fine. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,511
    Options
    @Potsticker - no worries regarding decommissioned ships - again, you are most welcome and encouraged to check out the Friday Zoom sessions. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Potsticker
    Options
    I see you are in Louisville. The last two summers before Covid I was at U of L Jazz workshop. Hope to make it back when they open the program up again.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    I see you are in Louisville. The last two summers before Covid I was at U of L Jazz workshop. Hope to make it back when they open the program up again.
    Welcome. What instrument do you play? 
  • Potsticker
    Options
    Welcome. What instrument do you play? 
    I play Trumpet and Flugelhorn.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,733
    edited March 2021
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Crazy? I was at a thing we call Butt Blast. The area around my camping spot and some others camping close by, who are members of this forum, swore me to secrecy for fear that they may be identified as the type of person I am.

We had a bonfire on the closing night, everybody was hanging out. Then suddenly the sanest, of most of us, thought;  To have a bonfire that we all will remember, (and we do and will), decided to put about 5 gallons of cooking oil in the fire pit.

That was as impressive as it was frightening. The fire tower located 3 counties away, saw it. Folks scattered, the heat was felt at the campsite on the road opposite our campsite, and I still paying for an RV awning which scorched the fabric, but melted the gears in the hardware.

During this pagan ritual, a dude from Houston was caught on film getting the last of the Bourbon Slushie, poured into his mouth from a dude in Tennessee that drives a suv that smells like crawfish that has been cooked but left in a car for like 5 days.

Of course this followed a day of people being evicted, security forces out snd about, and this fest had the police called on us for stealing picnic tables.

I am sure there was a sober breath drawn, but not after some ãsshole walked around with food saver bags full of bourbon slushees,  pouring a touch or two, to anyone holding out a cup. He spilled that shît everywhere. We actually lost a soul, but found him lying under an RV. 

I have volumes more, but will never make it 5 minutes on this forum, without being stomped down by the Buffalo. 

I have heard those that facilitate “Burning Man”  have reached out to the officers of “Butt Blast” on how to throw a party.

Oh yeah, these Butt Blasts were done for charity too. Many guilty parties involved for making life a little bit for folks that could use it.

They were all crazy. Not me. I wore my foil lined colander anti brainwave reading MAGA helmet on throughout. I saved them all from chela, the dark night overlord, because he was communicating with those that operated the Jewish fire lasers, and I intercepted through my ray ban wayfarers. Not every hero wears a cape. (It clashes with my Edwardian style, specifically with my MAGA hat and suspenders attached to my belt)

they cra cra.
    Lies. All goddammn lies.

It was not (by far) the "sanest" one(s) who decided to kick the fire up that night...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    caliking said:
    YukonRon said:
    Crazy? I was at a thing we call Butt Blast. The area around my camping spot and some others camping close by, who are members of this forum, swore me to secrecy for fear that they may be identified as the type of person I am.

We had a bonfire on the closing night, everybody was hanging out. Then suddenly the sanest, of most of us, thought;  To have a bonfire that we all will remember, (and we do and will), decided to put about 5 gallons of cooking oil in the fire pit.

That was as impressive as it was frightening. The fire tower located 3 counties away, saw it. Folks scattered, the heat was felt at the campsite on the road opposite our campsite, and I still paying for an RV awning which scorched the fabric, but melted the gears in the hardware.

During this pagan ritual, a dude from Houston was caught on film getting the last of the Bourbon Slushie, poured into his mouth from a dude in Tennessee that drives a suv that smells like crawfish that has been cooked but left in a car for like 5 days.

Of course this followed a day of people being evicted, security forces out snd about, and this fest had the police called on us for stealing picnic tables.

I am sure there was a sober breath drawn, but not after some ãsshole walked around with food saver bags full of bourbon slushees,  pouring a touch or two, to anyone holding out a cup. He spilled that shît everywhere. We actually lost a soul, but found him lying under an RV. 

I have volumes more, but will never make it 5 minutes on this forum, without being stomped down by the Buffalo. 

I have heard those that facilitate “Burning Man”  have reached out to the officers of “Butt Blast” on how to throw a party.

Oh yeah, these Butt Blasts were done for charity too. Many guilty parties involved for making life a little bit for folks that could use it.

They were all crazy. Not me. I wore my foil lined colander anti brainwave reading MAGA helmet on throughout. I saved them all from chela, the dark night overlord, because he was communicating with those that operated the Jewish fire lasers, and I intercepted through my ray ban wayfarers. Not every hero wears a cape. (It clashes with my Edwardian style, specifically with my MAGA hat and suspenders attached to my belt)

they cra cra.
    Lies. All goddammn lies.

It was not (by far) the "sanest" one(s) who decided to kick the fire up that night...

LOL,  yupp sane that's the word.

Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Welcome to the madness!
    We'll help you spend your $$ on gadgets & do dads!   =)
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Potsticker
    Options
    I'm a sucker for gadgets and do dads! =)
  • loco_engr
    Options
    Where are you located?  might be some eggheads close by . . . 
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Potsticker
    Options
    Springfield, Mo
  • loco_engr
    Options
    TY . . . the local dealer/distributor  (Outdoor Home in Nixa,Mo) used to host Eggfests . . . not sure about  this year with the current situation
    Any chance you where at the 2012 Eggfest?

aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • Potsticker
    Options
    Outdoor home is where I do most my shopping.  I was not at the the 2012 Eggfest. There is talk about holding a 2021 Eggfest this September in Nixa.