Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WalMart Lump find

Options
500 Posts: 3,177
$16.96 for 30#. Better price than Home Depot, if you commit to stocking the big bag. May be more trouble than it’s worth, but I picked up one. 
I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
Member since 2009

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    dang, I was just at WM today, didn't think to look for lump   :o
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • EGGHEAD83
    Options
    In the past the big bags seemed to be nothing but small pieces and dust at the bottom of the bags but I grabbed one last weekend and was pleasantly surprised. It’s was full of nice large chunks. The big bag is perfect for when the XL is empty. Not much left to store after filling that monster. 
    Large BGE, small BGE, 2-22” Weber kettles, 26” Weber kettle, Weber jumbo joe, 14” WSM, 17” BS and 36” BS. Hope Mills, NC. USA. 
  • Runamuck
    Options
    I use a ton of this stuff! I bet I've got at least 300 lbs on hand. Sometimes has a lot of small pieces, but it's available and priced right. Food tastes great!
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,057
    Options
    These have been around for a while but are not in every store.  It is decent lump for the price.

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• mkevenson
    Options
    Great lump. Many large pieces. I think they make lump for the BGE brand. Sourced in the USA.
    Still Learnin'
  • womaus
    womaus Posts: 256
    Options
    Had to check out 2 Walmarts, the first had the 15lb for around $14, the second had the 30lb for just under $17.
    Picked up 2 or the 30s. Good deal.
  • mkevenson
    Options
    I ordered mine online, 2 30lb bags and free shipping to my front door!!!!!
    Still Learnin'