Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nest Handler for Older Egg

Options
Will the newer Nest Handler work with my older egg? It is  around 9 - 12 years old. It still had the original band on it and the nest only had the one bolt hole on it, where the newer nest has two. Or is there a handler for the older models?

Thanks!

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Was looking for the older handler for my Large a few months ago, no luck!
    This is all BGE has now:
    https://biggreenegg.com/product/integgrated-nest-handlers/
    My local dealer has it priced at $240+tax
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • The_Buffalo
    Options
    wscato said:
    Will the newer Nest Handler work with my older egg? It is  around 9 - 12 years old. It still had the original band on it and the nest only had the one bolt hole on it, where the newer nest has two. Or is there a handler for the older models?

Thanks!
    So if you have the old box style hinge then no (see image below) the new inEGGrated Nest will not fit. You'll have to use the old style handler with the original nest. 

But if your old EGG was upgraded to the new side hinge then yes it'll fit.

Coming to you from the Mothership!
  • aem
    aem Posts: 146
    Options
    I have an older egg.  I upgraded to the new hinge style last year and the new inEGGrated Nest with XL Egg Mates this year.  I bought the egg when I had a large patio and a table fit the space well.  Now I have a smaller patio and I love the ability to move the egg out of the way when not in use.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Thank You for that info!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap