Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Central Arkansas TriTip

Options
I never seem to be able to find tritip, but when I do find it, it's at the Harps in Benton.  They had about a dozen in the case today (when I left).

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    How many did they have when you got there?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • LDR
    LDR Posts: 414
    Options
    A couple more - added one to the freezer stash.  They've been hard to find around here.
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Not to thread jack @LDR - but have you ever tried the ‘new’ ozark oak from Harps?  I’ve tried it and really like it at its price point.  Still not at the level of Rockwood, but I keep a few bags around and use it happily from time to time. 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • LDR
    LDR Posts: 414
    Options
    I stocked up a bit when a nearby grocery store had Ozark Oak at 8.88 plus 10% for twenty pound bags.  The biggest change I've noticed is a significantly higher portion of small pieces - one to two inches in diameter.  It still burns fairly clean down to ash.  It doesn't seem quite as neutral, but not by much.

I still have about ten bags of the original product.  I only use it at Thanksgiving and Christmas.