Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Warranty- Can't seem to reach anyone

Was wondering if anyone had a contact or better suggestion for reaching someone at the home office.  I have had my egg for about 10 years and each time I had an issue in years past, Duane was always more than helpful (been more than a few years).

I am not sure if he is still there, but I emailed him back in June.  When I didn't hear anything, I emailed thru the website with my warranty claim question asking if someone could reach out to me.  I didn't hear thru that channel and then emailed directly on 8/8/20 to Customer Support and have yet to have a response.

I know the pandemic has put everyone behind and lengthened return calls, etc, but just wondering who I need to reach out to in order to get this resolved. 

Thanks  in advance!

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Theres a thread on the front page names disappointed in warranty service that has a good email contact 
  • Warranty issues should be handled by your local dealer if necessary. Granted, some dealers are horrible at dealing with warranties. If that is the case, then you contact headquarters, and that is often a P.I.T.A. also. If you have more than one dealer in your area try another, you do not have to deal with the store where you purchased your egg. Good luck.
  • XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    Part of the issue is I am trying to find out if they have my egg registered.  I dont have the original receipt anymore but communicated this to Duane in the past and he took care of ensuring the local dealer (not where i bought it from) took care of the issue.  Pretty sure I had it registered but not sure how to validate.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,667
    XLBalco said:
    Part of the issue is I am trying to find out if they have my egg registered.  I dont have the original receipt anymore but communicated this to Duane in the past and he took care of ensuring the local dealer (not where i bought it from) took care of the issue.  Pretty sure I had it registered but not sure how to validate.

i dont believe they keep the warranty records. ace replaced some parts lately even after telling them i had no sales receipt on my 20 year old egg.  you would think they would atleast use those warranty cards for sales purposes but nothing
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Got a email back from headquarters requesting proof of purchase and picture of offending part. Good sign been probably a week 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,667
    Got a email back from headquarters requesting proof of purchase and picture of offending part. Good sign been probably a week 

so why does headquarters need a proof of purchase if they already have your warranty card =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • I have asked the same question in the past @fishlessman. With in 8 months of owning the egg I had cracked the fire bowl, ring, and base.
      My dealer sent off the request for warranty to the dist., dist. contacted me needing a receipt proof of purchase, I said I mailed in the registration card its registered! Not good enough.
      Since it was a gift swmbo threw away the receipt (and honestly neither one of us knew about the warranty or that the egg would always be breaking). 
      Dealer does not keep computer records.  We knew the purchase was all in around $900 so the garden center dug through Dec 17 receipt box and found it.
     It is now embedded in a email chain, saved to my laptop, backed up on a hard disk and the original is in my gun safe.
     Don't ask me why we register our eggs
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    I still havent heard anything from the Corp office and not sure what to do. Ive had great experiences until now with BGE in terms of warranty issues.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,943
    I need to get a warranty claim filled too.  I have moved away from my exceptional dealer.  I approached three separate dealers in my new town.  All three said they knew nothing about warranties and I needed to contact BGE!  After talking to the owners, two of them said they would work with me to figure out how to do a warranty, one of them said they wouldn't do any warranty stuff.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    I need to get a warranty claim filled too.  I have moved away from my exceptional dealer.  I approached three separate dealers in my new town.  All three said they knew nothing about warranties and I needed to contact BGE!  After talking to the owners, two of them said they would work with me to figure out how to do a warranty, one of them said they wouldn't do any warranty stuff.
    One would think that when BGE vets/selects/supports an outlet to become one of their dealers that their would be a big tabbed section in the "BGE Dealer Operating Manual" named "Warranty Issues" that they could flip to.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,943
    edited October 2020
    HeavyG said:
    One would think that when BGE vets/selects/supports an outlet to become one of their dealers that their would be a big tabbed section in the "BGE Dealer Operating Manual" named "Warranty Issues" that they could flip to.
    That was my thought.  I assumed there was training and maybe even an online quiz.  It mostly looks like you write a big check and you get inventory to sell.  Around me, they have a bunch of dealers.  It seems every pool store, patio store, and ACE hardware carries them.

I did find a newer BGE dealer that knew the process, but said he didn't expect another shipment for 3-4 months.  That is a looonnggg time to wait for warranty parts.

My old dealer, Lindy's, in Washington, IL would just give me the parts from stuff he had on hand and then he worried about the rest.  That was awesome and why I have 4 eggs.  Now, I am not 100% sure on my heavy investment.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    I took a cellphone pic of the serial number and the receipt and then registered online with BGE. The pics are saved in my phone, my iMac, and the cloud. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    "...and maybe even an online quiz."

LOL

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• been waiting on a fire bowl since april.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• After nearly a year I called my dealer and asked about my claim.  Spoke with a different person this time, restarted the claim, proof of purchase the whole enchilada and she had me a new fire bowl in about two weeks. 
     I do not know what happened to the original claim but I am going to go out on a limb and say it was never filed the guy was just giving me the run around for some reason.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.