Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket - Keeping it Warm

Options
dirty_denim86
dirty_denim86 Posts: 138
edited August 2020 in Beef
Put on a 19 lb brisket last night around 8:00 AM and it is already at 200 degrees F which has been way off of my previous brisket cooks of 1 hr per lb. I pushed down the egg internal temperature but the brisket is probing nicely in some areas may need about another hour or so only. 

I was planning on this cook taking between 17-19 hours but looks like it only needs 12 hours. It was originally going to be served at 5:00 PM so I'm a bit worried about wrapping it in foil, a towel and tossing it in the cooler for that long. I know you can foil, towel and cooler it for a good while but are there any other methods I might be able to try without having to reheat?

Thanks

Comments

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    How low does your oven go?
    NOLA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Here's a recent thread (found using forum search function) that will help you out:

RE: How long will a brisket FTC?  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dirty_denim86
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    How low does your oven go?
    Oven goes to 170...The brisket actually took a bit of time to get to 203 internal in the point so I just pulled it off. I wrapped it in foiled, a towel and tossed it in the cooler it will be in there for 6 hours hoping it will still be hot when I pull it out and I can cut through it without it being too tender to cut.

If the brisket isn't still hot when I pull it out of the cooler in 6 hours I will just toss it in the oven to warm up and get it to serving temp hoping it won't get to that.
  • dirty_denim86
    Options
    Brisket was in the FTC for 6 hours and was still warm. It was a bit too tender probably being wrapped for so long so next time I will probably pull it off a bit sooner. Still worked out though just a bit hard to cut into slices.
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Brisket was in the FTC for 6 hours and was still warm. It was a bit too tender probably being wrapped for so long so next time I will probably pull it off a bit sooner. Still worked out though just a bit hard to cut into slices.
    That sounds absolutely awesome to me!!  Chalk this one up as a win and sharpen your knife for next time. ;)
    LBGE/Maryland