Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Stand Mod

Options
I haven’t posted much on here but I thought I’d share....

Gave my mini an upgrade today in the way of a better stand.  I have one of those three legged stand where the egg is supported by the steel ring.  I’ve seen pictures where that ring causes the base to crack so I decided to replicate the stand from my Kamado Joe Jr.  I added a base for the egg to sit on and side grab handles.  I’m pretty pleased with it.  

Comments

• Lumpy_Coal
    Options
    Here’s a before shot.  
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Should work fine
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    COOL MOD!

I bet if you want to make a few bucks you can sell a number of those! You probably could also contact some after market guys who are already set up doing business selling BGE accessories and they can get you rockin & rollin pretty fast! For instance...contact Matt at SmokeWare!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Lumpy_Coal
    Options
    RRP said:
    COOL MOD!

I bet if you want to make a few bucks you can sell a number of those! You probably could also contact some after market guys who are already set up doing business selling BGE accessories and they can get you rockin & rollin pretty fast! For instance...contact Matt at SmokeWare!

Thanks but I did just use the old stand and added some parts.  

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    That is really nice!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    Thats thinking. Cool. 
  • Kevinboatright
    Options
    I want one for my mini egg. Very cool. 
    Atlanta, GA 

LBGE, Mini-Max, Mini, 1995 BGE Chiminea, 22" Blackstone, Weber Genesis E-310. 
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hint:  to avoid having the ring causing to crack your BGE, find some gasket material and put it between steel ring and your egg in at least places.  HTH
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Lumpy_Coal
    Options
    loco_engr said:
    Hint:  to avoid having the ring causing to crack your BGE, find some gasket material and put it between steel ring and your egg in at least places.  HTH
    Thanks for the idea but this is why I modified the stand.  The steel ring that used to support the egg no longer does.  The egg now sits on the three cross pieces that are attached to the lower part of each leg.  I do plan to put a piece of gasket on each of those cross pieces to further cushion the egg.   I did this mod as a precaution because I saw a picture of an egg that broke across where it sat in the steel ring although I don’t know how common that is or was.   
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    when i scrolled thru the pics i assumed you removed the supports. good idea to add them as a few of those stands did some serious damage
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it