Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Salad Chick?

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,898
Seems a new Southern franchise Is opening nearby and this will be the Northernmost outpost. Only has 150 outlets in 17 states and most are in the South and Southeast. 

I’m game to try, but can’t get there until next week at best. 

Any suggestions?
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I had a few bites of the "classic" on crackers last week for the first time and thought it was good for store bought. I'd eat it again with no reservations.
    Hope this helps. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    We like it. Looks like a simple restaurant to operate too. Haven’t been lately with the virus stuff but before that about once a month. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Options
    I ordered from their catering a while back for an office full of folks.  They liked it.  The female members of the office loved it!
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • mfSqoozies
    Options
    The new East Peoria location?
  • RRP
    Options
    Yes...you from around here? 
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    We have a few in the Birmingham AL area. I haven't tried them yet.
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Options
    Had it a couple times over the past couple years and just had one open up nearby that I haven’t been to yet. It’s pretty good, but if I’m going out to eat I don’t crave chicken salad too frequently. 
  • Hilton
    Hilton Posts: 41
    Options
    Pretty solid. Lots of different options. I usually get one called Cranberry Kelly. Almonds and Cranberry. It’s a bit pricey for a small container. About 12 bucks. 
  • JohnnyArms
    JohnnyArms Posts: 38
    Options
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I like chicken salad. Bookmarked their menu page for ideas when making it. No stores remotely close to me.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    going to stick with these, virginia is too far a drive for me.  this is a town favorite in methuen, been eating them most of my life, simple is sometimes just better. funny how they spelled it, its a chicken bahb. the trick is adding the broth back in as you serve it pressing excess broth out between two slotted spoons

httpsipinimgcomoriginals83deee83deeee728e304e0f5f5bda29a8ba5dajpg

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    We have one nearby. I thought it was a good healthier option for quick service lunch. Chicken wasn't cooked to death and all the flavors are good enough.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • mfSqoozies
    Options
    RRP said:
    Yes...you from around here? 
    I am. I’m from Washington. Haven’t had a chance to try it out yet, but I’m planning on it!
  • RRP
    Options
    Several eggers over there thanks to Lindy's. That where you bought yours? Know the Helmuths? Steve at Holland Popcorn and Mark at WRC?...buds of mine.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    They make great travel sized containers for trips. We take them to the lake for easy weekend lunches. They make a lot of different kinds and all the ones I have tried have been solid. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • AppStateDDS
    AppStateDDS Posts: 100
    Options
    For better or worse, we order for our office from time to time.  I could do without them, but as aforementioned, the ladies love it.  Well, my brother does, too.  Anyway, the food is decent, but pricey IMO.  I say try it and see what you think.  I’m not overly impressed.  🤔
    Stuart
    Burlington/Alamance County, NC
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Wife brings some home occasionally. Grapes in Chicken salad is just wrong. Grapes are grown for wine....not chicken salad. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Wife brings some home occasionally. Grapes in Chicken salad is just wrong. Grapes are grown for wine....not chicken salad. 
    I think grapes sound great. The cranberry might be better though.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• RRP
    Options
    Too bad I can't let you try my kick-butt diced chicken breasts, white grapes, celery and almonds dish I make that has a mayo, half & half and other stuff dressing. That would make a believer out of you of marrying chicken and grapes!
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I suppose you could just send him the recipe.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Funny the timing of this thread. On my way back from lunch I noticed they are building a new one of these near me! Must be getting popular.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • gamason
    gamason Posts: 406
    Options
    12 bucks for a scoop of chicken salad?? No thanks. 

Snellville,Ga.

LBGE

Minimax

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,661
    Options
    They opened one up in our town not to long ago. I’ve eaten there once. Didn’t care for it. When I want chicken salad I make my own. I do put green seedless grapes in mine.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .