Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Want to sell my large BGE

Options
Hello I am looking to sell my large big green egg and I am not sure how much I should be selling it for I bought lots of new grids in 2019 .

thank you 

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,027
    Options
    Typically people will tell you half the purchase price. The value really depends on your location and what is available. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    This is area dependent.  Check facebook marketplace to see what they are going for.  I have sold three larges, a medium, a small, and an XL over the last couple of years.  I sold the larges for 600-650, the XL for 700, the medium for 500, and I think the small I sold for 250.  I have a weird hobby of buying eggs cheap, cleaning them up, and selling them for profit.  I try to price them to sell in a day or two.  Make sure it is really clean.  I use this everywhere on the exterior, the metal nest, handle, bands, use a ton and buff everything to shiny:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Howard-Clear-Cutting-Board-Wood-Oil-Actual-Net-Contents-12-fl-oz/999918612

Take good pictures.  I buy the eggs where everyone does the opposite because they are trying to sell a disaster that looks like it hasnt been taken care of.  People are afraid of buying used eggs, so they have to feel like they are getting an egg that has been babied, even tho that doesnt matter in reality.  Good luck with the sale.
  • josieb
    Options
    Thank you very much for taking the time to reply 
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,520
    Options
    Where are you located? If in Ontario. Canada. Check kijiji.ca
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
     I have a weird hobby of buying eggs cheap, cleaning them up, and selling them for profit. 
    My neighbor just bought a used Med- no idea the price.

1. Saw him in his garage after pulling handle and guts.  He had washed everything with Soap and Water.  Was then using WD-40 to clean the bottom screen.
    2. He had regular kingsford to use, I said dont use that and he already bought "natural" kingsford.
    3. Went by later it was on his driveway smoking it up with no Daisy wheel and no bottom screen/ door.  Smelled like burning WD40 and it was 400.  3 hours later it was back to 400 after hitting a high of 700.
    4. Next day he had it back disassembled and was pressure washing the whole thing.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Options
    Personally, I think WD40 is way over rated for a product developed as Water Displacer #40. 
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    xfire_ATX said:
     I have a weird hobby of buying eggs cheap, cleaning them up, and selling them for profit. 
    My neighbor just bought a used Med- no idea the price.

1. Saw him in his garage after pulling handle and guts.  He had washed everything with Soap and Water.  Was then using WD-40 to clean the bottom screen.
    2. He had regular kingsford to use, I said dont use that and he already bought "natural" kingsford.
    3. Went by later it was on his driveway smoking it up with no Daisy wheel and no bottom screen/ door.  Smelled like burning WD40 and it was 400.  3 hours later it was back to 400 after hitting a high of 700.
    4. Next day he had it back disassembled and was pressure washing the whole thing.
    wow that's a weird way to clean up an egg.  I only use heat, and food grade mineral oil.  And because people are strange, I run two bags of lump through a used egg to help correct the bad ideas they had before I bought the egg.