Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rotisserie Chicken Wings

Options
Toxarch
Toxarch Posts: 1,900
Got the Joetisserie and a basket. The wings came out great. Haven't been able to match fried wings until I used this. 

I had to put on the power draft to get the temp up and keep it there. Don't know if it's because it's old lump that's been in the barn for a couple of years and absorbed moisture or because this bag has a lot of small lump blocking air flow even with a KAB.

Dusted these with baking powder and left them open in the fridge for 48 hours. Straight from fridge to the grill at 375. With the power draft, temp still dropped to 300 and slowly climbed to 340. Wings were done in 25 minutes. Seasoned half and sauced half after they were cooked. Crispy skin outside and tender moist inside. 

https://youtu.be/8vOHNwcWiiY
Aledo, Texas
Large BGE
KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

Comments

• CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Options
    Those look great! Definitely on my bucket list
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Yum!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • rekameohs
    rekameohs Posts: 263
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    Got the Joetisserie and a basket. The wings came out great. Haven't been able to match fried wings until I used this.
    I was thinking of getting a basket for mine.  Which one did you get?  Do you like it better than a flat basket?

Raleigh, NC
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    rekameohs said:
    Toxarch said:
    I was thinking of getting a basket for mine.  Which one did you get?  Do you like it better than a flat basket?

I had planned to get the Napolean 64000 which seems to be the favorite of the forum but they are sold out or back ordered for 3-4 months. I got the Only Fire Rotisserie basket with teflon. It was in stock and figured the teflon would be easier to clean. I have not tried a flat basket but I would guess this moves the food around more so no worry about hot spots. 
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.