Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Travel NC to LA

Options
McStew
McStew Posts: 965
My wife and I decided to bail out of town for a month and visit some of our factories on the east coast.  We will be flying into Charlotte NC and taking a road trip for about a week to Vidalia LA making several stops along the way visiting suppliers and factories.  Then staying in Vidalia for a month as we get a new division up and running.  We plan the usual visit to NOLA, Baton Rouge but we were wondering what some of you have done or where you would go.  We can travel Friday to Sunday every weekend and we will have our two year old with us so we don't plan on traveling more then 6-8 hours one way from Vidalia on any given weekend.   

I know its random but figured this was the place and to make this egg related we have already discussed picking up a Large for the office.  

Thanks again! 
Hermosa Beach CA 

Comments

• JNDATHP
    JNDATHP Posts: 461
    Options
    If you haven’t already, take a historic plantation tour and a gator outing.  
    Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    Of course you will be right across the River from Natchez which is a nice place to visit (and the start of the Natchez Trace). You also have Vicksburg MS which is probably a couple of hours away with a historic battlefield. 

In the opposite direction you will be about 2.5 hours from Natchitoches LA where Steel Magnolias was filmed. 
    New Orleans LA
  • Dondgc
    Options
    I will add that you are only 90 minutes away from historic St. Francisville and the Clark Creek nature area which is a nice hiking area. 
    New Orleans LA
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    You could be in Hot Springs/ AR Ozarks in that window which is really pretty.

If you MTB Bentonville is pushing your time frame but its unbelievable whats going on there (with Wal Mart Money).  Even Branson MO might be just outside your travel window.

Again its at the outside of your Window but ~Austin/ Central Texas would fit that time frame.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    If you are spending any time in the Charlotte area, head north 45 minutes and check out Lexington BBQ. Honestly not much to do in Charlotte as we have torn down our history and are just kind of a milquetoast city. That being said, hit me up and I'll buy you a beer.
  • Dondgc
    Options
    xfire_ATX said:
    You could be in Hot Springs/ AR Ozarks in that window which is really pretty.

Great point. About 4.5 hours. Very do-able for a three day weekend. 
    New Orleans LA
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options

Thanks guys! This is the exact reason why this place is so helpful from briskets to travel!  The wife and I have bookmarked Austin (looks to be about 6 hour drive) and Nashville (looks to be about 7.5 hour drive) as possible destinations if the kiddo is up for it.   Everything mention above has now been added to the agenda.  Keep it coming if you think of anything else.   
    Hermosa Beach CA