Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fathers Day homemade pizza!

Options
Hans61
Hans61 Posts: 3,901
Thanks @casslong52 for the inspiration! This was a fun easy cook, and the first time I, not swmbo, made the dough! 

Used cheese sticks to stuff the crust!

Drizzed with garlic butter

This cook was very enjoyable, couldn’t believe how evenly it cooked. Gotta give some credit to my kickash basket I think for improving the cooking evenness in the egg. The hotspot in the back used to be much more pronounced.

thanks for looking!
“There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
Coach Finstock Teen Wolf

Comments

• casslong52
    casslong52 Posts: 10
    Options
    Strong work buddy. Looks like it turned out great!
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    That looks wonderful! Great work.
    Stillwater, MN
  • keener75
    keener75 Posts: 393
    Options
    That looks amazing! Great Job!
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • Hans61
    Options

Also reverse seared Costco prime sirloin sand finished with garlic Parmesan crust!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,732
    Options
    That's a fine looking pie, but could you spill the beans about the garlic parm crust on the steaks? Please? :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Hans61
    Options
    @caliking ratios are mostly to taste, for this cook I used 3/4 of a stick unsalted butter let it warm to room temp, put in a bowel, add quarter cup crispy panko, quarter cup parmesan cheese, splash of Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic 3 to 4 cloves - I mix just with my hand then split in half, lay then on cling on wrap and put in fridge till you’re ready. I cooked these steaks indirect at 300ish till about 105-110IT. Took them out got egg to about 520 seared 2min per side then moved them back to indirect and put the parmesan garlic butter on top for another 3 min with the air mostly shut down. Let me know if your try it!
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,732
    Options

Thanks, @Hans61.  Garlic is one of my favorite food groups. Have finished steaks with garlic parm butter in the past, but this crust looks really good!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Hans61
    Options
    caliking said:

Thanks, @Hans61.  Garlic is one of my favorite food groups. Have finished steaks with garlic parm butter in the past, but this crust looks really good!
    Thanks man! It’s been my go to for quite some time! 
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf