Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Picked Up A New Toy Today

Options
rlew
rlew Posts: 68
Going to try it cooking filets on it this evening as we sip a nice glass of Charles Krug Cabernet.

Comments

• Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    I am very happy with the Blackstone my wife just bought me for our 10yr anniversary. Only had it two weeks and already used it a bunch. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    I’ve got the same 2 burner blackstone. Bought it after selling my big stainless 4burner because it was just too big for
    most uses for my family. I used the 2burner alot at first, but I haven’t used it in probably 4 months. It’s just taking up space on my prep table now. I have a lot of trouble getting even heat and getting the surface hot enough on the little 2 burner.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    whoever has the most toys at the end WINS!   =)
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    My 17" Blackstone feeds my softball team. It really can kick out grub. Enjoy!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Proser
    Proser Posts: 271
    Options
    I’ve got the same 2 burner blackstone. Bought it after selling my big stainless 4burner because it was just too big for
    most uses for my family. I used the 2burner alot at first, but I haven’t used it in probably 4 months. It’s just taking up space on my prep table now. I have a lot of trouble getting even heat and getting the surface hot enough on the little 2 burner.
    @TEXASBGE2018   Make sure the gas pipe is in the right position if using the hose and that the burners are both off before you open the gas bottle
    learned the hard way
    Arlington, TX  1 large, 1 medium, 1 Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    Proser said:
    @TEXASBGE2018   Make sure the gas pipe is in the right position if using the hose and that the burners are both off before you open the gas bottle
    learned the hard way
    Good point!  That safety valve in the propane bottles caused me all manner of headaches until I learned about it.  Too high an initial flow rate will trip it and you get barely and flow.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Proser said:
    learned the hard way
    Good point!  That safety valve in the propane bottles caused me all manner of headaches until I learned about it.  Too high an initial flow rate will trip it and you get barely and flow.
    This happens on the pizza oven also it’s pretty annoying. 
  • JethroBodeen
    JethroBodeen Posts: 524
    Options
    Turkey fryers are almost impossible to use with the new "safety valve".
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    Got a couple Blackstones
  • Lowcountrygamecock
    Options
    My last turkey fryer had a timer valve on it that would shut off after 15 minutes. Who can fry a turkey in 15 minutes, or anything else for that matter. Oil would just be getting hot and poof, no fire. Simple bypass did the trick. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I love mine. Fried rice and smash burgers!
    And yes.....the safety valve can be tricky. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    So you just had to debug the program?
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,663
    Options
    So you just had to debug the program?
     He was just working the bugs out.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.