Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Craiglist Find NYC

Options
kdink
kdink Posts: 336

https://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/fuo/d/new-york-kamado-style-megagrill-xxxl-egg/7125188892.html

Just incase someone is interested.
Not sure what kind it is, Sure someone will.
2 Xl's, MM and Forno Bello
Pizza Oven in Bergen County, NJ

Comments

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Looks like a komodo kamado.. nice looking, and pricey.  I wouldn't want one out of warranty.  I'm not sure what the grey hose is, maybe an automated airflow regulator, a propane attachment (??) or might be a lock!

(edit) It is a gas burner used for easy lighting of lump.  
    https://komodokamado.com/products/gas-lighter

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,040
    Options
    I'd take that before a $600 used egg. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    Is that one of the legit ones that from ?  I remember when I first was shopping for the egg there was a place out of Las Vegas that was building mosaic tile komados that would just just fall apart. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    Is that one of the legit ones that from ?  I remember when I first was shopping for the egg there was a place out of Las Vegas that was building mosaic tile komados that would just just fall apart. 
    You are correct that is a Kamado company one. Not even close to the Komodo kamado quality. 
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    Looking closely at the tile work, especially on the cap, it doesn’t look like a quality KK brand  unit so you may be correct. The KK’s have legs that are part of the base as well. 
  • jdMyers
    jdMyers Posts: 1,336
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Galaxy outdoor kamado rocket.  Very big grill.  
    Columbus, Ohio
  • tomtnc
    tomtnc Posts: 24
    Options
    It is a Richard Johnson Kamado and is the reason I and many others got into kamado style cooking. Can’t tell by the picture but it is either a #7 or a #5 with a gas charcoal lighter. KK came along years later and really up the quality and tripled the price. Long story with the Johnsons and a lot of ugly business issues. I had a #5 and a #3 for over 20 years but the movers destroyed my 5 a couple years ago in my move. Still have the smaller 3. Replaced it with large BGE as Dennis’s KK were out of my budget. The ad looks like it is in good condition and reasonably priced.