Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cauliflower Soup

Options
Just about weekly - usually on weeknights, we make a vegetable soup for dinner. Quick and tasty, it really hits the spot and helps keep the calories at bay. Thought I’d show my work in case any of you have not yet made soup and might find it interesting. 

I start by frying or roasting aromatics for the soup - usually sweet onions and garlic. I then add whatever veg forms the basis of the soup into the pan - cauliflower for tonight. 

While the above is cooking, I usually throw about a half tub of cottage cheese (for creaminess and protein content), bouillon, some sort of acid (today, it was balsamic vinegar), milk, some pepper and, just for some fattiness, toasted nuts, into the blender. Given that I had a healthy portion of leftover mashed potatoes in the fridge, I also threw them in for good measure. 

Once the veg has gotten some colour on it, I added it to the other ingredients in the blender (Vitamix) and gave it a six minute whirl. I used the blending time to cut up and grill some homemade bread, which was then served with Monterrey jack and old cheddar. 

Soup is one of the most successfully consumed meals in my household, with all four members cleaning their bowls and asking for more. Hard to argue with a no fuss meal that is a real family pleaser. 

Thanks for looking. 

Comments