Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Super Bowl Cook then on to leftovers

Options
Wanted to stay in the theme for Superbowl and make wings- frankly though I don't like eating bone in wings and I've never made them either so I went another direction.

Smoked Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Ground Chick, S&P, Garlic, Panko.   Onto egg for ~60 min for Smoke

Then dropped into Crock Pot in Franks for 2.5 hrs or so

Deliciousness... but wait there's more.

Took the leftovers and some (Egg Smoked) Mozzarella I had in fridge.  And made myself an incredible Meatball Sandwich.

XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Damn that looks awesome. Anything special about the hoagie roll?  Everything looks great from here!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    That sammich looks like a winner. May have to try it this weekend. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• CigarCityEgger
    Options
    Looks fantastic 
  • Leopoldstoch
    Options
    Looks great!! Nice idea!

Brandon - Ohio

• CornfedMA
    Options
    Great call on the sub. Looks like perfect bread selection! 

One of my go-to’s with anything buffalo flavored lately- breasts, wings, ground, turkey etc., has been to make the sauce and keep it warm on the grate while cooking. During the last 5-10 mins, I dunk or coat the protein in the warm sauce, then back on the grate for some caramelization. It’s been a game changer. Sauce is usually Frank’s, a dash of apple cider vinegar and or Worcestershire, butter and garlic. If I’m feeling real saucy, I’ll throw in some blue cheese crumbles too. 
  • brentm
    brentm Posts: 422
    Options
    aw man... delish.  that bread looks like it'd give you a cut or two on your mouth.  And that's oddly satisfying in good bread.

maybe toast it a bit?????  a bit more S&M for the mouth.
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    On the bread.  I really have no idea what the "style" was.  I was out Mountain Biking in my neighborhood and the idea hit me so I rerouted myself to go pick up the roll.  Should have seen me walking my bike through the store and stuffing the bread into my camelback after.

XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Me likey.

I don't know how many would have made it from the grill to the crock-pot over here though. A fair number would have been sacrificed to "quality control". 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    I hate bones, and have bookmarked this.
    Don't wanna wait until the next SuperBowl either, maybe President's Day?   =)

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    yummy looking samich!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap