Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Costco Food Saver??? OT

Options
Seriously considering purchasing a Food Saver machine.  My closest Costco carries the model 3941 for $140.  Looking at the Food Saver website, several other options.  How is the 3941?  Anyone?  Thank you in advance. 

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

Comments

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Wait until Wednesday and it will be $50 off that at Costco 
    Jacksonville FL
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    I have two FoodSavers.  I think their internals are all the same and just market different models.  My first was an upright model and the retractable hose failed after a year.  My second purchased this year is a basic flat model.  I actually like the simplicity of the basic model better...
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • JethroBodeen
    Options
    I have two, one at home and one at camp. They are older discontinued models but I chose them because they are the flatter shape. For no other reason than they fit nicely where they live in the kitchen. Like smbishop stated, there probably isn't an ounce of difference in the internals.
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    Definitely buy it at Costco.  I'm on my  3rd one. No questions asked. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Yes get the Costco one. My first one crapped out after 2 yrs or so but as stated above no hassle return. My current one is probably at 6-7 years and going strong still.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Gonna get one!  Perfect timing.

Time for a new roomba too.  I'm on my third one, they keep crapping out after about 18 months.
  • erniemcclain
    Options
    Dobie said:
    An additional $50?  So $90?

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

• erniemcclain
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Oops.  Wrong person. So it will be $90?

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

• NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Options
    That sounds like a deal. Is that as good of a price as they’ll offer on Black Friday in a month?
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Oops.  Wrong person. So it will be $90?

Yes 
    Jacksonville FL
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I hear Costco also allows Christmas Tree returns after 7 years of use...  ;)
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Sweet.  Mine isn't sucking as well as it used to.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Drummerboy
    Options
    Innards are the same I believe. I bought the flat one as it far easier to store and works just great. Cheap at Target, you'll spend more on replacement bags than the unit.

Largo, FL

1 LG BGE
    1 Med BGE
  • MNEggerandStuff
    Options
    Food saver threads are almost as good as audio equipment ones, Its has a bobs receiver label but SONY GUTS!!!  (not that some are true)

I spent way to much time researching these when i was looking a year ago and what I concluded was that unless you are going to pop the bucks for a real pro vac sealer than just buy the foodsaver you get your hands on and use it until it breaks then buy a new one.  

I bought the costco one when it was on sale for like $90.  They had the bags discounted then to so it was a nice way to start and the unit is still running good.

your mileage may vary, take my opinion for what's worth..or less..