Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Fitbit or Apple Watch

Options
2»

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I've had an apple watch for about 2 1/2 years or so. I was having heart trouble and wanted to use the cardiology apps in the watch. I have done that, although I quit wearing it to bed to track sleep. It would wake me up if my pulse dropped to 48 bpm (almost every night). I have also used the Kardia with the iphone - that showed the doctor there was a new problem with my ticker that he couldn't find at the office. Saved me from having a 3 op for atrial flutter! I don't think a fitbit can do that kind of stuff.
     I'm not privy to all the details, but I find it hard to believe that a cardiologist worth his/her salt was bested by an Apple watch. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • rcone
    rcone Posts: 219
    Options
    I broke several fitbits, and vivoactive; I love my Garmin Fenix 5, definitely overkill for anyone that is not an endurance athlete AND a giant tech dork. 
    "Feed me, or feed me to something; I just want to be part of the food chain" Al Bundy

LBGE, SBGE, Carson Rotisserie, Blackstone Griddle  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Wow, someone tagged me as a troll for saying I owned Apple stock. Thanks I guess. 

Ask your friends about their experiences with Fitbit. You will usually find someone who has an old one laying around they will part with. They either quit using it or they upgraded to a newer one. 
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Haven't read thru this thread and don't even know what fitbit is. Just remembered seeing the title when I saw this just now...
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/01/tech/fitbit-google-acquisition/index.html
    Dunno if it matters to anyone.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Haven't read thru this thread and don't even know what fitbit is. Just remembered seeing the title when I saw this just now...
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/01/tech/fitbit-google-acquisition/index.html
    Dunno if it matters to anyone.
    Now your Fitbit will be eavesdropping on your conversations. 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

Flint, Michigan
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    FWIW your phone can already track your distance and steps so you could get started without the watch if you take your phone with you on walks. As others eluded to weight loss is mostly about diet so a tool like myfitnesspal is a good thing to consider. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.